Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO  (Read 1386 times)

domin_r_rican

• View Profile
CLEO
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:19:25 PM »
Anyone know how CLEO (Council on Legal Educational Opportunity) works in regards to law school placement?  I was just accepted Early Admission to the summer 2008 program and I was curious as to how they actually assist with placement? Thanks!

Quetzal

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CLEO
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »
I believe it works two ways:

1. Before they accept you into the program (congratulations, btw), they contact the law schools you provided in the application, and ask them if they would admit you if you complete CLEO.  If they say "yes," they accept you into CLEO.

2. If you are on a waiting list by the time you attend the 6 week program, they contact your school and try to get you in.

Re: CLEO
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 12:28:14 PM »
I was accepted last year.  Those 8 schools you listed, they will contact them for you.  If nobody will give you a conditional admittance based off of cleo, that doesnt meant CLEO will turn you down.  You can also contact schools and let them know.  I contacted Denver after being placed on the waiting list and they gave me a conditional acceptance.  CLEO also has schools that visit during the program who are looking for students for the entering class.