Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UIUC ... what do you think?  (Read 5288 times)

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
Re: UIUC ... what do you think?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »
Champaign is a nice Big-10 college town, anyone who argues otherwise knows nothing.  As much as I'm forced as a UIowa student to troll against UI-UC, it's an awesome school with intelligent undergrads and grads and a beautiful campus.

. . . but Iowa City is way better.

Go HAWKS!

QFT
B < PL

RageLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »
Trizkutt is a flame/idiot.

I kind of regret not applying to UIllinois.  I'm instate and want to work in Chicago.  When applying, I just couldn't imagine living in Champaign.  Don't get me wrong, I love visiting friends and getting drunk/hitting on 19 year old girls at Kam's and Station, but I don't think I could handle it for 3 years.  My current UG is in a bad enough town.

Only the shady among our law class go to the campus shitholes of Kams/COs/Station/etc with any regularity. Downtown Champaign attracts most of us the grad student type bars (Guidos, Blind Pig, Boltini, etc) and all the Urbana bars are generally devoid of undergrad life.

I can see why Chambana is not for some people. I was at a smaller Catholic ugrad so the Big-10 campus has some novelty to it. Thankfully law school has left me so devoid of free time I have never really had issues not enough to do.

In all, my time in Chambana has been great for law school. A lot of our class is staying down here for the summer bar prep class due to the lack of distractions/cost of living/etc.
I'd rather have a bullet in my head than permanently live down here though.

That would certainly have been me.

Yes, my inner rager already has a booth reserved a Kam's indefinitely.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 02:02:41 PM »
Trizkutt is a flame/idiot.

I kind of regret not applying to UIllinois.  I'm instate and want to work in Chicago.  When applying, I just couldn't imagine living in Champaign.  Don't get me wrong, I love visiting friends and getting drunk/hitting on 19 year old girls at Kam's and Station, but I don't think I could handle it for 3 years.  My current UG is in a bad enough town.

Only the shady among our law class go to the campus shitholes of Kams/COs/Station/etc with any regularity. Downtown Champaign attracts most of us the grad student type bars (Guidos, Blind Pig, Boltini, etc) and all the Urbana bars are generally devoid of undergrad life.

I can see why Chambana is not for some people. I was at a smaller Catholic ugrad so the Big-10 campus has some novelty to it. Thankfully law school has left me so devoid of free time I have never really had issues not enough to do.

In all, my time in Chambana has been great for law school. A lot of our class is staying down here for the summer bar prep class due to the lack of distractions/cost of living/etc.
I'd rather have a bullet in my head than permanently live down here though.

That would certainly have been me.

Yes, my inner rager already has a booth reserved a Kam's indefinitely.

Come for the Erotic Photo Hunt, stay for Bomb Night and the Chi-Omega bar crawl.
Air Force JAG Corps

tinkerschance

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »
Champaign is a nice Big-10 college town, anyone who argues otherwise knows nothing.  As much as I'm forced as a UIowa student to troll against UI-UC, it's an awesome school with intelligent undergrads and grads and a beautiful campus.

UIUC's campus may be one of the ugliest around.  Not trying to troll here, but you will find very few people who claim there is anything beautiful about Chambana.  It may be a great place for some people to go, but pretty it is not.

Can't believe that you are still so bitter about not being admitted to UIUC. 

To Rager, I am a 3L here. I love the school, like the town.  The professors are top notch and you can actually meet with them when you want to.  My classmates are friendly and come from all over the country.  Most of us are going to Chicago, but it is a huge legal market and a great city.  I do have friends that are going to DC, NYC and Houston.  I have had offers in other cities, but I wanted to be in Chicago after graduation.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 04:21:41 PM »

UIUC's campus may be one of the ugliest around.  Not trying to troll here, but you will find very few people who claim there is anything beautiful about Chambana.  It may be a great place for some people to go, but pretty it is not.

To Rager, I am a 3L here. I love the school, like the town.  The professors are top notch and you can actually meet with them when you want to.  My classmates are friendly and come from all over the country.  Most of us are going to Chicago, but it is a huge legal market and a great city.  I do have friends that are going to DC, NYC and Houston.  I have had offers in other cities, but I wanted to be in Chicago after graduation.

Another UIUC 3L posting on this board?
You can tell it is finals time.
Air Force JAG Corps

tinkerschance

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »
3L's still take finals?

sdakc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »
CoxlessPair,

I wasn't disagreeing with you, but the person before you I think.  Sorry!  I'm definitely considering coming here for law school, since I would come out with virtually no debt.  Plus, I'm sure I want to practice in Chicago.  We'll see though!

RageLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »
Can you get away with using a Mac at UIUC?

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »

Uh, I never applied to UIUC.  I would never choose to apply/go to school there.  But if it matters that much to you, I got into better schools.  So I am not bitter about never applying.   ::)

I am from Illinois.  I know a TON of people who went to UIUC for undergraduate.  I know people there for law school.  I am not saying one bad thing about the school.  I am saying Chambana is a pit.

tinkerschance

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »
ILSOX, sure thing.

Rage, you can use a Mac.  For finals you need a windows machine, at least this year.  Our IT staff (they are really helpful by the way) say that they want to allow Mac's for next year.