Law School Discussion

Poll

Will you be moving away from freinds and family for law school? Pick how far and do you think your coming back

Guy - Nope, staying close, within 50 miles
5 (4.9%)
Guy - Moving within 250 miles
1 (1%)
Guy - Moving more than 250 miles away
31 (30.1%)
Gal - Nope, staying close, within 50 miles
3 (2.9%)
Gal - Moving within 250 miles
1 (1%)
Gal -  Moving more than 250 miles away
14 (13.6%)
0 (0%)
Guy - I will move back home after school
5 (4.9%)
Guy - I will not move back home after school
11 (10.7%)
Guy - Not sure where i will be after school.
15 (14.6%)
Gal - I will move back home after school
4 (3.9%)
Gal - I will not move back home after school
7 (6.8%)
Gal - Not sure where i will be after school.
6 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Moving away for Law school

Re: Moving away for Law school
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »

I'll third that. Wisconsin sure puts out some delicious products.

I would have to say that my favorite is the Red, followed by the Honey Weiss. Although, it's hard to beat a Summer Shandy or Sunset Wheat if you're relaxing at a barbeque in July.

This thread really makes me thirsty.

I wasn't sure what to make of the Summer Shandy when it came out, but then I had one at a cookout on Lake Holcombe last summer and it was a slice of heaven.

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »

I'll third that. Wisconsin sure puts out some delicious products.

I would have to say that my favorite is the Red, followed by the Honey Weiss. Although, it's hard to beat a Summer Shandy or Sunset Wheat if you're relaxing at a barbeque in July.

This thread really makes me thirsty.

I wasn't sure what to make of the Summer Shandy when it came out, but then I had one at a cookout on Lake Holcombe last summer and it was a slice of heaven.

Agreed!

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 04:57:03 PM »
this poll seems really small. 250 miles ain't nothing. I moved literally 10 times that distance (2,675 from DC to LA according to googlemaps). Hell, Dallas to Houston is about 250 miles.

iscoredawaitlist

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
The more I think about it, I really want to move to a different climate.   I've grown up in the midwest, go to school in the midwest, and studied abroad in Scotland.  Hey UCLA, accept me!

Just curious, but why wouldn't you apply to USC?

iscoredawaitlist

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 08:38:32 PM »
Quote from: iscoredawaitlist on Today at 09:12:33 PM
Quote from: Confused. on Today at 08:55:35 PM
The more I think about it, I really want to move to a different climate.   I've grown up in the midwest, go to school in the midwest, and studied abroad in Scotland.  Hey UCLA, accept me!

Just curious, but why wouldn't you apply to USC?

For some reason I didn't, and now I feel its too late.  I do like UCLA's location better though.

The only other reason I could think of is that I would be betraying my UG school.  Can you guess which one it is?

It's definitely not too late. At least last cycle, USC moved on their applications later than anyone else. I got my acceptance well into March.

I understand the feeling of betraying your UG, but if it makes you feel better, we have 10 more UCLA grads (22 overall) and just one fewer Cal grads (12 overall) than we do USC grads (13 overall) in my class. http://law.usc.edu/admissions/assets/docs/2007profile.pdf

I know quite a few people here who picked USC over UCLA despite the location differences (even UCLA grads). I'm sure at UCLA there are a significant number who picked it over USC, but that there exist such people should be some indication that it's not a hands-down obvious choice which to pick. The people who I talked to who made the choice to come to USC over UCLA did so usually because they found the atmosphere of the law school better, the student services more friendly and better prepared, etc. And as much as this board might try and lead to believe otherwise, career options are pretty much identical.

The location for UCLA is indeed nicer although I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Westwood.

In any case, I'd suggest throwing in USC. You certainly don't have to pick it over UCLA if you get in, but I'm definitely glad I added it to my list. It was an afterthought for me, and it paid off, so that's why I suggest it to everyone else with similar numbers to me and any desire to live on the west coast.

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 02:13:29 AM »
It would be impossible for me to move <250 miles for almost all of the schools I'm applying to.