Law School Discussion

Poll

Will you be moving away from freinds and family for law school? Pick how far and do you think your coming back

Guy - Nope, staying close, within 50 miles
5 (4.9%)
Guy - Moving within 250 miles
1 (1%)
Guy - Moving more than 250 miles away
31 (30.1%)
Gal - Nope, staying close, within 50 miles
3 (2.9%)
Gal - Moving within 250 miles
1 (1%)
Gal -  Moving more than 250 miles away
14 (13.6%)
0 (0%)
Guy - I will move back home after school
5 (4.9%)
Guy - I will not move back home after school
11 (10.7%)
Guy - Not sure where i will be after school.
15 (14.6%)
Gal - I will move back home after school
4 (3.9%)
Gal - I will not move back home after school
7 (6.8%)
Gal - Not sure where i will be after school.
6 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Moving away for Law school

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Re: Moving away for Law school
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:53 AM »
I'm leaving the country permanently. I think I win. :)

Forever?!

Yup. Well, I'll probably come back to visit.

;;;;;

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »
yeah...it might be freezing there, but I've gone too long without Leinenkugel's and cheese curds.

I just picked up the variety case! I love everything they make.

heh, I work for a Anheuser Busch distributor here in Wisconsin and I doubt there is stiffer state beer competition in the country.  Leinies, New Glarus, Lake Louie, Capital, the list goes on.  If you want good beer, Wisconsin is sure hard to beat.

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »
[/quote]
ahhh yes, the leinie lodge.  what's your fave?  mine is their Leinie's Red, without a doubt

heh, I work for a Anheuser Busch distributor here in Wisconsin and I doubt there is stiffer state beer competition in the country.  Leinies, New Glarus, Lake Louie, Capital, the list goes on.  If you want good beer, Wisconsin is sure hard to beat.
[/quote]
you couldn't be more right, my friend.  Sconnie is the greatest state in the union when it comes to brew...

saradsun

• Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 11:26:16 AM »
Waah, I might be leaving all my family, including some of my own children (teens, want to stay here with their dad to finish high school). I don't know if we will come back. My dh DESPERATELY wants to live somewhere without snow, and ideally, in Hawaii. He has family there and has really enjoyed visiting.

papercranes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Waah, I might be leaving all my family, including some of my own children (teens, want to stay here with their dad to finish high school). I don't know if we will come back. My dh DESPERATELY wants to live somewhere without snow, and ideally, in Hawaii. He has family there and has really enjoyed visiting.

I'll second that. Every winter it occurs to me that it's such a strange way to go about life. oh that white stuff? well, when it gets to be too much we just pile it on the roadside and try not to think about it.

hey UCLA, call me!

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »

I'll second that. Every winter it occurs to me that it's such a strange way to go about life. oh that white stuff? well, when it gets to be too much we just pile it on the roadside and try not to think about it.

hey UCLA, call me!

As a Mainiac (pseudo-Canadian), I never thought I could live without snow.  Then, last winter was spent in California.  We had to drive to 8000' in the Sierras in May for the kids play in the snow for the first time during the season.  I'm not missing it.  This winter, we head into Mexico.  I'll certainly survive if Michigan calls, but UCLA and Berkeley are looking oh so nice right now (it's 75 degrees and sunny outside - slept with the windows open last night.)

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »

hey UCLA, call me!

after 10 yrs of sunshine and palm trees, im thinking i might enjoy the snow again

if only you could get it without the cold...  :-\

papercranes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »
I'm leaving the country permanently. I think I win. :)

aren't you also applying to Canadian schools?  or have you already made up your mind?

yes, I'm applying to canadian schools, there are some really sound reasons for it but in the end... dunno... I PMed this to another poster earlier.

Real answer: I just want to move. Partly because I was sitting on the subway the other day and it just hit me. I don't want to be here anymore. I don't want to ride this same subway every day for the rest of my life.  That's probably a bad reason, but there it is.

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 12:36:31 PM »
ahhh yes, the leinie lodge.  what's your fave?  mine is their Leinie's Red, without a doubt

[/quote]
you couldn't be more right, my friend.  Sconnie is the greatest state in the union when it comes to brew...
[/quote]

I'll third that. Wisconsin sure puts out some delicious products.

I would have to say that my favorite is the Red, followed by the Honey Weiss. Although, it's hard to beat a Summer Shandy or Sunset Wheat if you're relaxing at a barbeque in July.

This thread really makes me thirsty.

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
Real answer: I just want to move. Partly because I was sitting on the subway the other day and it just hit me. I don't want to be here anymore. I don't want to ride this same subway every day for the rest of my life.  That's probably a bad reason, but there it is.

That's a wonderful answer.

I will likely be moving across the country for the very same reason. I want to actually enjoy the next three years of my life, and seeing new things and meeting new people is a big part of that.