Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Entertainment Law?  (Read 2739 times)

The Fresh Prince

• View Profile
    • Email
Entertainment Law?
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »
Figured who better to ask than you guys...what steps are necessary to become involved in entertainment law? Are there certain schools that are particularly known for excelling in the field? What kind of experience is needed? It's def. something I'm interested in but I don't hear much talk about it on here. Any insight?
you're wrong. Also, your avatar and your name don't make any sense. Step your game up, son.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Law?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »
Best way to get into entertainment law?  Know an entertainer.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »

yup...or just work for a firm with an ent. dept and lateral over in 2-3 years.

basically, you have to know ppl and hustle...i'm pretty sure that's what i want to do in the long run and going to CLS helps being in nyc and having a lot of resources available.
Columbia 3L

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »

yup...or just work for a firm with an ent. dept and lateral over in 2-3 years.

basically, you have to know ppl and hustle...i'm pretty sure that's what i want to do in the long run and going to CLS helps being in nyc and having a lot of resources available.

TITCR
Georgetown 1.5L

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:16:34 PM »
Do you have any background in it? Undergrad, WE, etc?
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 01:10:01 PM »

I don't know if you're referring to me, but if so...I want to work on the sports side of entertainment law and yes, I do have WE.
Georgetown 1.5L

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 01:31:33 PM »

I don't know if you're referring to me, but if so...I want to work on the sports side of entertainment law and yes, I do have WE.

Nope sorry. I meant that for he OP. I should have quoted him.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

The Fresh Prince

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:58 PM »
Well I'm a Poli Sci major so as far as school gos, I don't have a background in entertainment. Besides school, what types of things would be good for a background in entertainment (sports or otherwise)? And MCB, would you say the location of the school makes a drastic difference? How so? Sorry for the endless questions  :P It's finals week so I gotta squeeze em all in while I have the time
you're wrong. Also, your avatar and your name don't make any sense. Step your game up, son.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »
Well I'm a Poli Sci major so as far as school gos, I don't have a background in entertainment. Besides school, what types of things would be good for a background in entertainment (sports or otherwise)? And MCB, would you say the location of the school makes a drastic difference? How so? Sorry for the endless questions  :P It's finals week so I gotta squeeze em all in while I have the time

I have no idea about the bolded.  However, this field is a lot about who you know and trying to hustle and make those contacts...if you want to do entertainment, what better places to hustle and meet people and form conections than NYC or LA?  While that wasn't the sole reason I chose CLS, it was a factor.
Columbia 3L

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 08:56:36 PM »

I have no idea about the bolded.  However, this field is a lot about who you know and trying to hustle and make those contacts...if you want to do entertainment, what better places to hustle and meet people and form conections than NYC or LA?  While that wasn't the sole reason I chose CLS, it was a factor.

Don't sleep on Nashville either.  It's not just about country music!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn