Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why does the February test have such a bad rep?  (Read 3907 times)

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why does the February test have such a bad rep?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 12:03:23 PM »
From what I've heard, I know that the February scores are traditionally the lowest of any administration throughout the year.  That being said, I've heard two explanations for that - either the typical test-taker in February is less inclined to get a good score, or the test itself is somehow different than other administrations.

I have heard from several people I trust that the LSAC tends to use the February test to try out new things - perhaps new phrasings of old question types, etc.
Vandy Law 2011

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »
I'm in love with Julie Fern.

get in line, romeo.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 12:05:54 PM »
From what I've heard, I know that the February scores are traditionally the lowest of any administration throughout the year. That being said, I've heard two explanations for that - either the typical test-taker in February is less inclined to get a good score, or the test itself is somehow different than other administrations.

I have heard from several people I trust that the LSAC tends to use the February test to try out new things - perhaps new phrasings of old question types, etc.

you sure do lot hearing.

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 12:29:51 PM »
I do a lot of listening :D
Vandy Law 2011

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 02:18:24 PM »
It only gets a bad rep on message boards. These are the people trying to get into T14. A lot of  normal schools accept it and people get in with it.

Obviously someone with a 3.9 and a 170 would not want to take it  and apply late because it is hard to get into a Georgetown with the FEB lsat because most  people have already applied.

But if you are trying to get into a Seton Hall, Temple, Maryland or some school like that the schools accept it.

MrDiggler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »
from xoxo Julie is
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
You're ~hot, therefore you're ~fly

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »
In a way then, if most of the test takers aren't as accomplished/brilliant/prepared in February, then wouldn't it be better to take a test in comparison to them? That's the logical conclusion, isn't it?

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »
In a way then, if most of the test takers aren't as accomplished/brilliant/prepared in February, then wouldn't it be better to take a test in comparison to them? That's the logical conclusion, isn't it?

If you assume that the scores are lower because the test-takers aren't as apt, then yes.  But it's unclear (to me at least, maybe someone else has more insight on this) whether that's the case, or the test is, in fact, harder than usual.
Vandy Law 2011

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 02:25:40 PM »
from xoxo Julie is

you take that back, pigfucker.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »

only if you not know what going on.