Distribution of Answers

TurtleSandwich

• This is what I look like when I'm f**king mangled
    • MSN Messenger - tal_rashaz3@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Distribution of Answers
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »
I think I had like 3-4 B's in a row in the death zone (16-22) of the first LR section.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
It just seemed odd to not select a certain letter or two for a inordinate number of questions. The Family Guy comment was well placed Dirk Diggler.

you definitely should worry this.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »
Answer distribution is not random, nor should it be.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 11:44:42 PM »
how do you know it isn't random, and why should it not be random?

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 06:35:12 AM »
They're not random because the placement of the CR among the distractor answers is often used to make choosing the CR more difficult.

Here's the source for my assertion, feel free to dispute, I could be misinterpreting.

http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/guessing.htm

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 10:53:49 AM »
They're not random because the placement of the CR among the distractor answers is often used to make choosing the CR more difficult.

Here's the source for my assertion, feel free to dispute, I could be misinterpreting.

http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/guessing.htm

I haven't ever taken Statistics, but isn't the difference between those statistically insignificant?

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »
TM promotes the same approach of picking one answer choice and sticking with it.   If it's really random then LSAC doesnt pay any notice to it, so what's it matter if someone picks A, B, C, D or E?

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
I agree Dude, I felt like the answer choice distro on this test was crazy or maybe it was a little test day overanalyzing...

Just simply pick the best answer for each question and don't worry about patterns.  the patterns are there to make you doubt your choices.

wtracing

• Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »
I am glad I am not the only one who thought this. I thought the Sept test had some pretty crazy answer patterns. Not going to get into where but a beginning portion of reading seemed to consist of mostly 2 letters and in my LR sections i had several of 3 letters in a row. In fact, the warfare must work. In the reading section when i finished early I went back trying to figure out which of 3 in a row was NOT a letter hahaha. So, I guess it works. But yeah, that scared me at first that perhaps I was totally lost, but it seems this test did have multiple patterns of 3 letters, especially several of 2. That happens normally, and I won't know until its released, but seemed like it happened more than I've seen in the previous tests from 2000. Perhaps that was to counter the easy games section haha.  :P

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 06:21:54 PM »
I don't care if I get ten E's in a row, I trust my answers enough to not start doubting them over weird answer patterns. It is true that a certain RC started off with the same two letters, but that was the experimental...