Law School Discussion

Re: So long law school...
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 06:54:27 PM »

Believe what you like, but my own scores are irrelevant to the discussion. Like you said, the LSAT is a hurdle to overcome, and he failed twice in his attempts. Considering how almost insignificantly easy the LSAT is to prepare for compared to law school and actual lawyering, do you really think he would make a competent lawyer? I don't. Like he said, it wasn't meant to be.

Though I will profess I don't understand the vitriol against ditch digging (i.e. manual labor jobs). Talk about elitism.

Yeah because the LSAT definitely tests on the skills required to make oratory arguments in a courtroom. Come off it.

luke

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 07:20:08 PM »
So I choked on the LSAT for the second time...I guess it just wasnt meant to be. 

Damn the LSAT to hell.

if you want to practice in scotland, it's cheaper and better to go to law school there, and the lsat won't be a factor.

good luck

Hannibal

• I love it when a plan comes together
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 07:29:52 PM »
1. there's no reason to kick a guy while he's down. 

Sure, but what does the OP expect with this type of post?  The three predicable responses are:

(1) sappy, insincere pity coupled with bad advice to try again.
(2) vitriol over wasting our time with a worthless post - accusations of flame-hood.
(3) sarcasm.

I thought it was funny.  But then again, I laughed at Phil Jackson's "penetrations and kickbacks" line too.

Good luck to OP.  Maybe try the MBA route?

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

Sure, but what does the OP expect with this type of post?  The three predicable responses are:

(2) vitriol over wasting our time with a worthless post - accusations of flame-hood.
(3) sarcasm.

I thought it was funny.  But then again, I laughed at Phil Jackson's "penetrations and kickbacks" line too.

Actually, the best advice is to try again because OP has virtually nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Schools want higher scores, period.  I truly don't understand the mentality of those who would answer this post with vitriol and sarcasm, or think it is the right response. 

Wurd

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 09:52:06 PM »
Quote from: rfsilv02 on Today at 10:53:45 PM
I apologize for my previous remarks.  I am just watching the Pats lose to the Ravens so I am a little bitter.  If you would like to go to law school, there are nearly 200 out there.  I am sure at least one will admit you.

Yea, whats up with that?

It didn't happen...that's what up

iLukeisamazing

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:17:06 PM »

(3) sarcasm.

Yup, yup.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 10:24:58 PM »
I apologize for my previous remarks.  I am just watching the Pats lose to the Ravens so I am a little bitter.  If you would like to go to law school, there are nearly 200 out there.  I am sure at least one will admit you.

The Pats were not losing--they were behind.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
Well, the world needs ditch diggers too

For someone who is so elitist, you aren't very elite.

Isn't mathlete a Boalt 1L?

No. At least not according to his or her posting history...

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
I don't go to law school, although it really isn't pertinent to the conversation at hand.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 06:05:30 AM »
I don't go to law school, although it really isn't pertinent to the conversation at hand.

HA, I LOVE THIS BOARD