Re: So long law school...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 03:26:05 PM »
Well, the world needs ditch diggers too

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »
So I choked on the LSAT for the second time...I guess it just wasnt meant to be. 

Damn the LSAT to hell.

Don't give up! :) Why don't you take it again?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 05:58:17 PM »
This board has everything...drama, fear, excitement, shame, failure, shining success...personalities, cruelty and everything in between

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »
you can always take it again!!

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 06:23:24 PM »
Way to be creative there big guy

It wasn't meant to be creative. You took the LSAT twice and did poorly twice by your own admission. Going to law school is a risky proposition in the first place, something most people shouldn't be doing in the first place (say, anyone who doesn't get into a top 50 school). Obviously you weren't really meant to be a lawyer. And considering how relatively simple the LSAT is, perhaps something in manual labor is more suited to your particular skill set. Hence, ditch digging.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 06:27:55 PM »
Mathlete, you really do sound like a jerk. I'd wager that the people such as yourself who write posts to make other people feel bad didn't exactly burn up the LSAT themselves. While it is a hurdle to overcome, I wouldn't say that not doing well on the LSAT twice means that one isn't meant to be a lawyer. I know people who didn't do great on the LSAT, went to schools with not so great reps and are now happily practicing law in their local areas. If a person really wants to study law, there are ways to overcome a poor LSAT score. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »
Mathlete, you really do sound like a jerk. I'd wager that the people such as yourself who write posts to make other people feel bad didn't exactly burn up the LSAT themselves. While it is a hurdle to overcome, I wouldn't say that not doing well on the LSAT twice means that one isn't meant to be a lawyer. I know people who didn't do great on the LSAT, went to schools with not so great reps and are now happily practicing law in their local areas. If a person really wants to study law, there are ways to overcome a poor LSAT score. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Believe what you like, but my own scores are irrelevant to the discussion. Like you said, the LSAT is a hurdle to overcome, and he failed twice in his attempts. Considering how almost insignificantly easy the LSAT is to prepare for compared to law school and actual lawyering, do you really think he would make a competent lawyer? I don't. Like he said, it wasn't meant to be.

Though I will profess I don't understand the vitriol against ditch digging (i.e. manual labor jobs). Talk about elitism.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »
Y'all are mean.. .Don't listen to 'em OP.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »
Well, the world needs ditch diggers too

First of all ignore this ^

Then apply to the schools that you do think you can get into as well as a few reaches, wait for their responses and then decide if you want to accept any of them. If it doesn't go your way though and you truly are interested in the law, study like hell and retake the exam, then apply again next cycle. Good luck!