Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone thinking about taking a law preview course?  (Read 1293 times)

lawschoolismyfav

• View Profile
Anyone thinking about taking a law preview course?
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
I have heard that these crash courses really give you a great head start on your first year. has anyone taken one or known someone who has taken one?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone thinking about taking a law preview course?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »
Waste of money and time.  Read a commercial outline if you want to be a miserable gunner feminine hygiene product.

makalika

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School USA Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »
I recommend LEEWs in person if you can.  It's technically about writing a good law school exam but I got the greatest value from the way it sort of does a full disclosure of what law school classes do and don't do, and what you're expected to do to fill in the gaps in preparing for and doing well on exams.  I wish I had taken it earlier, even before school started to get off on a much better foot.  $130 or so well spent. 

I can't speak to the tape version, the website says its just as good, but my gut is that going to a live session is best. 

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »
tag
Harvard Law 2011!

(Formerly known as CalGirl86)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=calgal86

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 09:24:56 PM »
I recommend LEEWs in person if you can.  It's technically about writing a good law school exam but I got the greatest value from the way it sort of does a full disclosure of what law school classes do and don't do, and what you're expected to do to fill in the gaps in preparing for and doing well on exams.  I wish I had taken it earlier, even before school started to get off on a much better foot.  $130 or so well spent. 

I can't speak to the tape version, the website says its just as good, but my gut is that going to a live session is best. 

didn't the creator say that the cds are best though?

Waste of money and time.  Read a commercial outline if you want to be a miserable gunner feminine hygiene product.

agreed
Columbia 3L

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »
I'd say taking a pre-law course to prep you for law school is about as necessary as taking a pre-college course to prep you for college.

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 01:25:51 PM »
tag.
B < PL

qt314

• Sr. Citizen
  • pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 06:09:56 PM »
just from what i've read (from law school advice books) - those courses might help you feel more comfortable the first couple of weeks in law school, but pretty soon *everyone* gets into the rhythm of things and you're back on even ground.

so no, unless you like spendings tons of cash and losing your summer vacation, i wouldn't do it.

NYU Class of 2011!

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 06:59:32 PM »
What about Cleo

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 10:47:41 PM »
Waste of money. So is LEEWs and anything about law school exams. If you want to prep, just briefly read examples and explanations. Nothing more is needed.