Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If you were to take Sat. test over, what would you have done differently?  (Read 1464 times)

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: If you were to take Sat. test over, what would you have done differently?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 04:43:53 AM »
Done fewer 4-section prep tests. I kinda burned out on LR. I just find them so boring now, every argument is just a recycle of a previous one. I'd have done more single timed sections, and limited my full tests to 5-section timed tests 2-3 times a week.

Oh, and I'd also not focused on my test scores so much, and focused on improving individual sections. So instead of "cool, I got a 173", I'd think, great, I got -1 on RC and -3 on LR combined. Gotta work on that -4 LG.

I started to do this later on in my prep, I think it helped me to focus more on my individual strengths and weaknesses.

Also, I would never, ever take the test in China again.

ALBin517

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 07:51:39 AM »
I would have gone back and erased my original set-up for the fourth game. 

I started diagraming it as I read.  But as I recall, the "place element" was not mentioned until the very end.  I decided to go ahead and try to work through the game but it didn't go well.

My poor performance there carried over into the next section.  Then I tried to get back on track on the second reading section.  That was difficult.  The fact is, I never really shook that mistake.

davus0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:25 AM »
Same as ALBin basically. I templated the 4th game wrong, realized it, but ran out of time.

mdbutler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

authority11

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »
Nothing. Well, I would have thought a little harder on the bookstore question, that's the only thing I know I got wrong. Though they could drop it, it doesn't seem like many people got the right answer.

Ya, this is the one thing I would've changed, LOL.  I honestly read the first answer and said "Oh that's definitely right" and didn't even bother to read the other 4 answers.  I always read *all* the answers on my PT's, and on test day I deviated thinking I was being smart about time by doing it and it cost me :(

J_

• Sr. Citizen
  • YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
Two things:   

1) I think I panicked on games again.   I abandoned the third game causing me to have to guess on those 6 questions.
2) I spent too much time in LR stumpers.  My pacing was awesome in both sections, and I rarely miss questions due to time.  In both sections I ended up having to guess on one.   Should have just pulled the trigger on the ones I had narrowed down to two and done the last questions rather than wasting more time on the stumper, possibly still getting it wrong, and guessing incorrectly.
LLS '11

Solid_Rock

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 01:19:37 PM »
I studied really hard for this, so there's nothing I would have done.  Killed the games, killed RC, one or two dumb mistakes on LR.  Really hoping this panned out for me.  Everyone here has been very helpful in my preparation; I came to the board clueless and scoring in the high 150s-low 160s, and I prepped toward the end in the mid- to upper-170s.

lp1283

• Sr. Citizen
  • Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »
My poor performance there carried over into the next section.  Then I tried to get back on track on the second reading section.  That was difficult.  The fact is, I never really shook that mistake.

Yeah it was really hard for me to regain my composure as well after LG/2nd LR and then BOOM,the hardest RC ever was my Section 5.

theruraljuror

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 05:52:36 PM »
Was their a thread about the bookstore question? i can't find it. thanks guys

lp1283

• Sr. Citizen
  • Skateboard Scooter + Acid-wash Jeans, priceless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
Was their a thread about the bookstore question? i can't find it. thanks guys

LSAC secret agents had them erase it...