Law School Discussion

160-164 Thread (give or take)

Re: 160-164 Thread (give or take)
« Reply #350 on: March 05, 2008, 07:49:16 PM »
Between Davis and CU Boulder

Been watching this thread for a while and finally decided to post!

Stresscase, just curious why not Univ of AZ? I'm finding it very difficult to choose between there and UC Davis.

« Reply #351 on: March 05, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
I should have joined this thread A LOONG time ago, but better late then never, right?

Always!  Welcome to the thread!

Thanks! Where does it  look like everyone's headed? I'm at SMU right now, waiting for only Emory, WashU and Fordham (those three are the only ones that can make me reconsider SMU).

I've only been accepted at Tilane and Florida.  Tulane's offering me pretty good money and I'll probably pick it over Florida unless Florida offers me a good scholarship (actually it'd still be dirt cheap if they just offer me in-state tuition -- I'm not a resident).  Then it would really be a toss up.  I'm still waiting for a final decision from SMU, Minnesota, William and Mary, and Washington and Lee though.  SMU would have to offer me a lot of money for me to pick it over Tulane or Florida and I kind of doubt they will.

What's the deal with George Mason?  It seems like everybody in the 160-164 range is getting dinged.  I've seen a few people accepted at W & M who were rejected at Mason and none the other way around.  I got waitlisted at Minnesota and rejected at Mason.  That's not right.   

« Reply #352 on: March 05, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
I really love this thread. On Top Law Schools it seems like everyone has some ridiculous 170+ score and I was getting pretty down because of it. I was seriously considering putting myself through the pain of another LSAT.

Thanks for creating this thread! I say, when we're all successful lawyers, we should donate money to create scholarships at top-tier law schools SPECIFICALLY for 160-164 scorers.

« Reply #353 on: March 05, 2008, 08:18:35 PM »
I have no idea where I'm going.  I'm waiting for my IU's to send me some love.

I just heard from IU-B the other day saying that they'll let me know in April.

I'm surprised OSU Moritz hasn't gotten much talk in this thread!
Columbus seems to be a decent area, and it's a very attainable T1 school from this LSAT bracket.
OSU's pretty much my #1... but I'm still waiting on scholarship information!
And the fact that I have to wait until April from IU-B, well that may just be too late...

I was really excited about OSU until I got their scholarship offer, which was much lower than offers I got from comparable schools ($9,500 over 3 years and I'm above the 75th percentile for both GPA and LSAT).  However, it seems like a really solid school and I love Columbus.  I was really excited about it at the beginning of the cycle, though... its definately a great choice.

« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2008, 08:57:09 PM »
Right now, its between UT and Emory, but I'm still waiting on about 8 decisions.

Unless Emory offers a full ride, UT it is.  Pretty easy choice considering Texas is cheaper (in-state) and higher ranked.

Alecto

• Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »
I really love this thread. On Top Law Schools it seems like everyone has some ridiculous 170+ score and I was getting pretty down because of it. I was seriously considering putting myself through the pain of another LSAT.

Thanks for creating this thread! I say, when we're all successful lawyers, we should donate money to create scholarships at top-tier law schools SPECIFICALLY for 160-164 scorers.

hey cupid! are you going to IU - B?  If not, will you tell them to give me your $$$$??!?!

« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2008, 11:24:23 PM »
Hi guys, I was hoping that someone could make some predictions regarding my chances at various schools.  Here are my stats: 160 LSAT / 3.7 GPA (from a small East Coast liberal arts school called Skidmore College).  I also wrote a very solid PS, a short essay about overcoming a major obstacle during college (my mother died during my sophmore year in college), and my recommendations (which I have read) are very inspirational.  Here's where I stand:

Accepted: Miami Law School, Loyola University Chicago, Depaul University, Michigan State University

Pending:  Boston University, Boston College, University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin-Madision, Ohio State University, Indiana University - Bloomington, and Case Western Reserve University.

Do you think I will get into any of these "pending" schools?  Thanks for your time

kcf

« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2008, 06:46:17 AM »
Pending:  Boston University, Boston College, University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin-Madision, Ohio State University, Indiana University - Bloomington, and Case Western Reserve University.

Out, out, out, in*, in, in*, in.

* - if your PS and LoR are as good as you say they are.

Haha, no wonder people make up answers like that all the time, that was fun!

Off-topic: has anyone else fallen a little bit in love with the thoughtful-looking URM in the white sweater who occasionally appears at the top of lsac.org?

zardoz

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »

Do you think I will get into any of these "pending" schools?  Thanks for your time

I would be cautiously optimistic about Wisconsin, OSU, IU-B, and Case Western.  Wisconsin has been a little difficult to predict this cycle.  They have rejected and waitlisted people with numbers similar to yours.  I got in recently with a higher LSAT and lower gpa.  They do seem to like good soft factors.  If you pitched your PS to what they say they are looking for on their website, you probably have a reasonable chance.  IU-B has been so slow that it is difficult to predict what they are doing this year.  There are so many people waiting.  I think OSU and Case Western are probably the most likely.  Do you like Ohio??

« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts guys, I would be happy to get into any of these "pending" schools