Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 160-164 Thread (give or take)  (Read 46215 times)

tennis19

• View Profile
Re: 160-164 Thread (give or take)
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »
Anyone get the "file complete" email from Wash U today? If so, was it a duplicate notice for you too? Any idea what happened?

Here's what happened: I sent in my application in early October, got a confirmation letter later in October, and then got the exact same email today. Perhaps they just included the wrong group of students in the email they sent out.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

Meliss1086

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »
Anyone get the "file complete" email from Wash U today? If so, was it a duplicate notice for you too? Any idea what happened?

Here's what happened: I sent in my application in early October, got a confirmation letter later in October, and then got the exact same email today. Perhaps they just included the wrong group of students in the email they sent out.

I'm so glad someone else posted about this.
I went complete in early December and got a confirmation email then. I also received this one today. Not sure why.

todesgebruell

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »

I'm so glad someone else posted about this.
I went complete in early December and got a confirmation email then. I also received this one today. Not sure why.

I got it too, freaked me out.  Was complete in early November.

kev199

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »
Same here.  I figured they just sent out an email on the wrong listserv or sent it out on the listserv when it was supposed to go to an individual.
Showing that waitlisters have a chance!

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »
I was on fire earlier this cycle, but I've been getting trounced lately.  Another rejection, from George Mason.  I'm a little surprised.   :-\

kev199

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
Got a call from home today letting me know the Tulane bag arrived.  Free stuff, yeah!
Showing that waitlisters have a chance!

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »
Waitlisted at Temple... :-\
2L and counting...

tennis19

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2008, 07:59:48 PM »
Has anyone seen any stats or articles about the number of applicants this year compared to previous years? I'm kinda wondering about the current applicant pool. Maybe these stats aren't available this early.

Heard anything?

DuckAndCover

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2008, 02:16:12 AM »
first post on this board....glad to finally see a 160-165 thread

also I applied to about 30ish schools (figured I'd throw some hailmarys out there and see if any get caught)

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »
Has anyone seen any stats or articles about the number of applicants this year compared to previous years? I'm kinda wondering about the current applicant pool. Maybe these stats aren't available this early.

Heard anything?

There were rumors on this forum that application volume was down, but there was nothing to back it up.

However, to be honest, I think it may be higher now, since the economy is not looking too hot right now.  (Although, the news may have come too late for it to make much of a difference, to be fair.)