Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Surge Is Working  (Read 5151 times)

reez

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
The Surge Is Working
« on: December 02, 2007, 02:17:02 PM »

Letsgo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Surge Is Working
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:09:35 PM »
sorry dudes.  this would have gone down easier if the surge hadn't been Bush's idea, correct?

Wow!  This is amazing!  And it only took the deaths of thousands of Iraqis and Americans to accomplish whatever we wanted to accomplish. 
Cardozo '09

Letsgo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:23:44 PM »
sorry dudes.  this would have gone down easier if the surge hadn't been Bush's idea, correct?

Wow!  This is amazing!  And it only took the deaths of thousands of Iraqis and Americans to accomplish whatever we wanted to accomplish. 

casualties are not in and of themselves indicative of failure.

Ok.
Cardozo '09

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 04:53:46 PM »
My neocon shtick needs some work, certainly.

Yeah, but you have the senseless accusations of liberal brainwashing down!  B+ for effort! 
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »
My neocon shtick needs some work, certainly.

Yeah, but you have the senseless accusations of liberal brainwashing down!  B+ for effort! 

lol
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »
more troops is what they needed a while back...but yes...the surge is working...

a month in iraq will be like a weekend in d.c. st. louis or philly.

then what will the dems have to exploit...

wait til the republican nominees start talking about draw down...because of republican strength...dems who see violence quelling will switch from "cut and run" to "progressive peace keepers"...and vote for a stronger republican...however obama still has power in his "change" agenda...

very enticing...from both dem side and pub side.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 09:17:57 PM »
I'm a Democrat, right (no shtick in this post).  But I think the worst thing in our nation, worse than Bush, almost even worse going into Iraq, which now can't be changed, is to see other Democrats/liberals secretly rooting against the troop surge, or anything that might salvage things in Iraq.

This is, in my opinion, a major problem with my party.  We're more concerned with embarrassing the Republicans than with doing any real good.  Some of us--emphatically not me--even want more chaos in Iraq in our heart of hearts.  This is awful.

big time!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 09:30:24 PM »
I'm a Democrat, right (no shtick in this post).  But I think the worst thing in our nation, worse than Bush, almost even worse going into Iraq, which now can't be changed, is to see other Democrats/liberals secretly rooting against the troop surge, or anything that might salvage things in Iraq.

This is, in my opinion, a major problem with my party.  We're more concerned with embarrassing the Republicans than with doing any real good.  Some of us--emphatically not me--even want more chaos in Iraq in our heart of hearts.  This is awful.

I really don't think anyone is rooting against the troop surge.  You've been watching too much Fox News, my friend. 

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
i urinate on fox news and i think there are people who are rooting against the surge.

Who?  Name one person active in national politics who is rooting against the surge.  Seriously.  This is a pretty heavy accusation.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 09:37:25 PM »
who said in national politics?  ??? 

i'm talking man on the street.

Oh, well, I thought Reezy's point was that this was a problem with Democratic politicians and strategists.

In any case, I still think you're dead wrong.  Who are these people?