Law School Discussion

Addendum Advice???

Addendum Advice???
« on: December 01, 2007, 05:37:04 PM »
Okay, so I'm planning on writing an addendum to explain my extremely poor freshman and sophomore years.  Long story short, I stayed in engineering for about 3 semesters and I absolutely hated it.  I found out I was not a math/science person at all. My grades were terrible and it was just an overall terrible experience in my undergrad.  What would be the best to go about explaining for the bad grades?  What type of things should I refrain from saying or stay away from?

Re: Addendum Advice???
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »
keep it as dry as possible and as concise as possible.  don't offer fluff and don't play to their emotions.  just state the facts that you feel might better your case.

Re: Addendum Advice???
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »
keep it as dry as possible and as concise as possible.  don't offer fluff and don't play to their emotions.  just state the facts that you feel might better your case.

Disliking course material is a relatively weak explanation for poor grades as compared to other situations (death of significant other, debilitating illness, etc.) and so the shorter and less whiny, the better.