Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fire alarm went off during LSAT  (Read 4791 times)

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fire alarm went off during LSAT
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »
Do schools even care what is  noted in your record? It seems like they would only care about the score.

rohan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 09:52:27 PM »
Do schools even care what is  noted in your record? It seems like they would only care about the score.

Well, I think it depends.. on the programs you are applying to, on your other factors, etc. Again, unlike most of you, I am not applying to the T14 or even considering them. Where I go is dependent on my DH's job location and the best schools that area has to offer where I'd be competive. Why not the T14? (as I understand that's what most of you are shooting for due to job and $$ prospects after graduation. And besides, who wouldn't want to go there if the amount of debt you incur in law school is pretty much fixed regardless if it's T14 or TTT? So, I'm not knocking that choice). Also, unlike most of you guys and gals, I'm well into my 30's, with a spouse who has a well paying career. I am not facing the same kind of debt that you guys are, so I can pick a good regional school and incur modest debt.

Finally, some of the progams I am applying to are PT. They don't care about my score as much as the the FT programs do. But it still needs to be a good score!

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »

Ladivina - What about you? Are you doing an addendum?? I'm faxing my letter tonite. I didn't get a chance earlier this week.

I'm not sure about the addendum yet.  I guess I will see what LSAC decides. I agree with you that it would be fair for them to put a letter in my file themselves.  If they don't do this, I will probably cancel my score and won't write an addendum. Who knows.  Most of my apps are already in. At this point, I am ready to cut my losses and stick with the score I have.  My grades, Masters, and WE should be able to make up for my less than desirable score.  I am also not shooting for the T14, just wanting to stay in the top 100 and kick ass while I'm there.

I did get the letter faxed Tuesday morning and received confirmation of receipt yesterday.  I'll let you know what happens.  Rohan, are you applying to CU and DU?  You seem like someone I would like to have as a classmate.   ;D
University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"

rohan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 02:39:54 PM »
Rohan, are you applying to CU and DU?  You seem like someone I would like to have as a classmate.   ;D

Aww.. thanks! And you, too!  ;) Yes, I am applying to both (as well as some schools in the Bay Area and Chicago. There's a small chance we may move to one of these markets over the summer. But hopefully, not). Initially, I planned on applying to DU FT, but might consider PT instead. But I want to see my score, first. Where were you sitting in the classroom? I was in the second circle, behind the desk area where we were thumbprinted. I had a direct view of the door. And that hat.  You can reply in a pm if you prefer.

jmerlinj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »
So what ultimately happened? Did the LSAC cancel everyone's score or were you allowed to keep it? The same thing just happened to me, but I am happy with my performance and am hoping that the scores are not canceled. The February deadline is also the last test-date for applying this year, so that makes a score cancellation even worse. If you are aware of the procedure, please let me know.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
Ultimately I think they've all graduated from law school by now. 

For you, I would presume LSAC would allow you to keep your score.  Call them.

jmerlinj

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 06:42:42 PM »
haha I did. They're closed and I don't want to wait until Sunday. I also didn't see that his post was 3 pages long so hopefully the answer is already posted and I've missed it.

jmerlinj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »
assuming they're open on Sunday... which is probably a terrible assumption.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »
I haven't read back through the thread, but I seem to remember this happening somewhere and LSAC gave everyone the option of keeping their score or retaking free of charge.

jmerlinj

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
Thank You.