Law School Discussion

This might be a weird question but...

This might be a weird question but...
« on: December 01, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »
I feel as though I have been wronged by a proctor and was wondering if there were a way to complain about it or at least request a refund, because I feel as though I have to cancel my entire score now. 

After the FIRST section, the proctor called time, and I was literally in the middle of bubbling in my last question when he said it.  Nevertheless, he decided to write me up for misconduct.  The incident made me shocked and worried and took away my focus because I didn't agree with it or believe it just happened.  As a result, I honestly feel that the situation upset me to the point of deteriorating the rest of my test, because I couldn't stop thinking about this goddamn blemish that would accompany my LSAT score the entire time. I couldn't even focus on the reading comp (which is usually my strong point) and guessed on damn near 2 passages!

NOW I think I am going to have to cancel my score because I don't think I did as well as my last score.  I was really hoping for U of H, but now I think I'm trapped at St. Mary's or South Texas if I want to start this fall, because of a fascist who was really gung ho about the 'pencils down' rule and decided to make an example out of me for no reason.

Is there anything I can even do at this point?! Is there a way I can complain to LSAC about him due to something I disagree with and how it affected my test?  Or can I request a partial refund?   

Or does this mean that I just have to bite the bullet and cancel my score, thus settling for a shittier TX school, and thus an even more dismal future?

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
Re: This might be a weird question but...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »
That's completely ridiculous...some proctors are insane like that while others allow cell phones. *shakes head*

How was your previous score? Do you think you could get in with that? Maybe you shouldn't cancel it. It may not be AS BAD as you think. Maybe you could explain the score to the individual schools instead of to LSAC. What would LSAC do anyway? They would probably side with the proctor, while schools may have some mercy on you.

Just my $.02

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Personally, I would've dropped the pencil with the bubble half-filled in just to be safe, and then filled the rest in later.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »
I have to admit I didn't look up when he called time, but it went something like 'TIME!..1 one thousand, 2 one thousand' and the next thing I know the guy is already looming over me, like he was aching to bust someone.  I guess I started bubbling simultaneously with the beep, definitely not after, because the guy stated like 3 times before the test that he wasn't going to give us an extra second to bubble, so I was already on my guard and thought I was following the rule and being too careful.  I just didn't know how hardcore he was going to take that, because I definitely would've just put my damn pencil down and bubbled it later had I heard the beep - hindsight is 20/20.

My last score was a 155 (about 67 questions correct raw) and judging by the fact that I didn't even read the last RC passage and essentially guessed on a good 15 (maybe got like 8 - 10 right tops?), even if I miraculously averaged about 20 right on the rest of them, I am looking at about 68-70 questions raw - too close to gamble on being lucky, when clearly I was unlucky and ultra paranoid about bubbling.  This sucks because by about 1 weekend before the test, I was averaging 76-78 questions right and looking to get a lock on U of H, but now I don't think I will even make Part-time.

Whatever, this blows.  I guess you can either drink out of celebration or drink out of mourning after the LSAT - the end result is still the same.  I'll be on the latter - All I wanna know is....who's coming with me?...