Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Damn shame  (Read 739 times)

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Damn shame
« on: December 01, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »
I sat to take LSAT for a second time today in hopes of getting a 2 or 3 point increase. I was oblivious to this the first time I took it, but I noticed that out of the 200 or so people that were spread out amongst 4 different rooms there was exactly 4 Black men including myself  :'(

Of course there were a gang of Sisters. This might have already been said, but we def. need some very aggresive initiatives to recruit Black men to law. The sad thing is I live in DC (chocolate city) I guess that doesn't have anything to do with the price of tea in China

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Damn shame
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »
I sat to take LSAT for a second time today in hopes of getting a 2 or 3 point increase. I was oblivious to this the first time I took it, but I noticed that out of the 200 or so people that were spread out amongst 4 different rooms there was exactly 4 Black men including myself  :'(

Of course there were a gang of Sisters. This might have already been said, but we def. need some very aggresive initiatives to recruit Black men to law. The sad thing is I live in DC (chocolate city) I guess that doesn't have anything to do with the price of tea in China

Tell ya what else is a damn shame is the amount of black folk I was able to count (or unable to count) who came to the bar admission swearing in ceremony.

Its like a funnel that keeps getting smaller and smaller as time progresses.

I've read a stat somewhere that over 50% of black law students fail the bar or something like that.  It's pretty ridiculous.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

The Fresh Prince

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:29:34 PM »
I've yet to venture in the world of law related academia, but even in 200 student lectures at my university sometimes I'll just look around like..."I'm really the only black dude in here!". I can imagine it only gets worse as the degrees get higher. Iono what the problem is....
you're wrong. Also, your avatar and your name don't make any sense. Step your game up, son.

lalalagirl007

• Sr. Citizen
  • fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:48:03 PM »
Keep up the good work fellas!  :)

Tegoyan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:44:54 PM »

I was the ONLY black person at my LSAT test. Good times.