Law School Discussion

A new Personal Statement

TiredStudent

• C'est la Vie
    • View Profile
    • Email
A new Personal Statement
« on: September 29, 2004, 08:47:36 AM »
I am not applying to Law School till next year and have decided to write a unique PS for each Law School I apply to. How do I send my Personal Statements to each school. Is it done through LSAC.ORG. Do they allow me to send a different PS to each school. Also do they allow me to send addendums to each school or do I have to send them in the mail?

Re: A new Personal Statement
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 08:50:26 AM »
No, it isn't done through LSAC.  You send in PSes with your applications, so you personally send them in.  Same goes for any addendums you have.

Hope this helps,

ZAP

TiredStudent

• C'est la Vie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 08:55:10 AM »
Oh wow, so Lsac doesn't send your apps in? I didn't know that. They just send recommendations and transcripts? So I fill out the app on Lsac , print it and send it? Thanks for answering my questions ZAP, I really appreciate it.

NeverForever

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 08:55:24 AM »
No, it isn't done through LSAC.  You send in PSes with your applications, so you personally send them in.  Same goes for any addendums you have.

Hope this helps,

ZAP

I thought you could do it by electronic attachment on LSACD on the web, no?

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 10:15:20 AM »
Well, you can (and I am), but in that case you still send them out and attach any statements you have individually.  It should work out in this person's case either way.

ZAP

kccole

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 10:16:54 PM »
What if you are applying online through the the schools actual website. How do you recommend sending in the personal statement then.