Law School Discussion

T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2008

ak

Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2008
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 11:30:21 AM »
ooo i like this thread :) i know i don't have a large number of posts under my wing, but i read this board like it's my job....

I applied to Suffolk as well- I haven't heard ANYTHING from them..not even telling me my application was received...should I call??

I applied to all my law schools the week of Thanksgiving...and I'm somewhat praying I'll get an acceptance letter before I leave college for winter break (so I have until Saturday) otherwise I'm going to be anxious and crazy my entire winter break.  My boyfriend's going to be checking my mailbox everyday for me because I don't konw if I trust the forwarding mail service or not, stupid I know.

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »
ooo i like this thread :) i know i don't have a large number of posts under my wing, but i read this board like it's my job....

I applied to Suffolk as well- I haven't heard ANYTHING from them..not even telling me my application was received...should I call??

I applied to all my law schools the week of Thanksgiving...and I'm somewhat praying I'll get an acceptance letter before I leave college for winter break (so I have until Saturday) otherwise I'm going to be anxious and crazy my entire winter break.  My boyfriend's going to be checking my mailbox everyday for me because I don't konw if I trust the forwarding mail service or not, stupid I know.

where else did yo uapply?  do you have a LSN?

ak

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
Sure do! Here's the link...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=smilesk8r

i also applied to Vanderbilt and University of Tennessee...I didn't put them on there because a) i want to go to UTK so bad that I'm afraid of jinxing it, don't ask.. and b)if I get rejected at UTK, I feel like moping in my sorrow in a hidden room for a while before I broadcast it on LSN.

And thanks cosmo- I applied about a week after you, so that gives me hope.. otherwise I'll be calling them next week!!

jsbowen

• "Straight cash, homey"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 11:44:35 AM »
Good luck all! I was on this thread last year. Listen to Latin and Matthies...they're full of great information.

Hey Jsbowen!! How is law school treating you?? Finals going ok?? I have on tomorrow!grrr right..haha
 How is WVU?? Are you glad you choose it?? Just curious why you choose it over Toledo?? I have a friend at toledo he likes it, but i don't know much about either school or areas. haha
 Good luck with the rest of your finals...

PS: nice blog and congrats on the new house!!

School's going fine.  Two finals down and two to go.  I'm having trouble adjusting to the writing more than anything.

I'm happy with my decision to go to WVU.  I chose it over Toledo for a few reasons, but the most important were the in-state tuition and I wanted to work in WV after graduation.

Good luck with your finals, also.  It sounds like you're doing very well for yourself.  Take care.

ak

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »

i also applied to Vanderbilt and University of Tennessee...I didn't put them on there because a) i want to go to UTK so bad that I'm afraid of jinxing it, don't ask.. and b)if I get rejected, I feel like moping in my own sorrow rather than broadcasting it.

And thanks cosmo- I applied about a week after you, so that gives me hope.. otherwise I'll be calling them next week!!

who said you could be cosmo too?

yeah that's my bad..just kinda created this name without thinking anyone else would have a name with cosmo.  sorry?

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »

I applied to Suffolk on 11/18 and went complete 12/06

Have you visited Suffolk? What is it like? I will most likely apply. I heard it is super competitive because of their grading curve and that they have large classes. In addition, I heard a degree from Suffolk is respected in the Boston area, but it will be hard to go far away from the school with it.

ak

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2007, 11:50:43 AM »

i also applied to Vanderbilt and University of Tennessee...I didn't put them on there because a) i want to go to UTK so bad that I'm afraid of jinxing it, don't ask.. and b)if I get rejected, I feel like moping in my own sorrow rather than broadcasting it.

who said you could be cosmo too?

yeah that's my bad..just kinda created this name without thinking anyone else would have a name with cosmo.  sorry?

I'm joking  ;D ;D  I just hope people don't get confused

nah, i have a feeling you're a BIT more well known around here  :)

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »
Good Suffolk info, Thanks!!!! What about New England vs. Northeastern??? I know Northeastern is more respected, but it doesn't give out grades and they have a co-op program. Are students who go to New England really out of luck for jobs and summer positions because of all the higher ranked schools in the Boston area?

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »
Good Suffolk info, Thanks!!!! What about New England vs. Northeastern??? I know Northeastern is more respected, but it doesn't give out grades and they have a co-op program. Are students who go to New England really out of luck for jobs and summer positions because of all the higher ranked schools in the Boston area?

Personally I think so... but not entirely you know NESL has been around a long time and has a decent regional rep.  I'm sure kids there get jobs but it's tough since there are so many Boston schools.  NUSL is over NESL by a lot...

Ohhhh not good for NESL. I'm sure the positions in Boston are snatched up quickly!

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »
Have you heard of U Mass School of Law at Andover? It's not ABA approved (Even Cooley is ABA approved...YIKES!!) and I heard they don't require the LSAT. 2 bad signs right there. I wonder what those students do for jobs!