Law School Discussion

T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2008

-----

T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2008
« on: December 01, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
This was a 300+ pg thread last year and was very informative the year before that.

So let's continue the tradition.  Has anyone heard from schools yet? 

** Can someone make this a sticky???

Re: T3 & T4 Acceptances and Rejections 2008
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »
So let's continue the tradition.

I like the way you think! On, brave LSDers!

Oh, and I applied to MSU and Wayne in-state (MI) and expect to hear from them soon - I see at least one acceptance to each school on LSN, both with mad $$$.

Full ride me, guys!

MHLM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »

Oh, and I applied to MSU and Wayne in-state (MI) and expect to hear from them soon - I see at least one acceptance to each school on LSN, both with mad $$$.

Full ride me, guys!

Got my acceptance from Wayne last week, so you should be getting one soon. No mention of scholarship $ though...perhaps that comes later?

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »

Full ride me, guys!

Haha - are you from Michigan?  I was born there but I'm now a Bostonian  :)

Born and raised - I need a change of scenery though so I'm applying mostly out of state, but I had to throw some apps at UM, MSU, and Wayne to please the family and see what kind of $$$ I can get.

I love Boston...do you think you're gonna stay in the area or are you taking flight in the near future too?

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 02:46:29 PM »
Got my acceptance from Wayne last week, so you should be getting one soon. No mention of scholarship $ though...perhaps that comes later?

I know last cycle a lot of people got scholarship and "freebie" offers in March, especially at MSU - I would suspect that the same will be true for most this cycle too.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »
I'm married so I'm trying to stay in the area, but I'm applying to some out of state schools on the sly. o_O  I know my husband would go anywhere for me but he'd prefer to stay around here.

I've got the same kinda thing going on...my fiancee's whole family lives in MI so she certainly wouldn't mind sticking around, but she already told me that she'll move to whatever school we decide is best for us. After reading the "SO affecting your decision" thread and seeing how hard it is for some others, I really appreciate her understanding attitude.

latinlord

• Attorney at Law in Philadelphia Law Firm
    • View Profile
    • Fundraiser for Nephew who lost both parents
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:48 AM »
HEY aLL!! I'm from this thread 2 years ago!! This is and always will be my favorite thread. It is you all who the elitests may look down upon, yet they dont' know what you are capable of!! I'm top 1/3 of my class. I know a lot about applying to law schools, I applied to over 50 within a 2 cycle period. Chcek out my list for my second cycle on LSN, it was a lengthy. The process was both stressful and exciting. Good luck to you all, be sure to check out my law school. It is known for accepting students who normally would not have a chance!! They have a non-conditional summer program that lets you start and earn 2 credits b/f school. http://www.indylaw.indiana.edu/ and it is not only for minorities... There are two different programs... Cleo for minorities and the schools special summer class for both here is the link for the summer programs...http://indylaw.indiana.edu/admissions/profiles.htm
  I'm always working with the admissions committee and know a decent bit about what they look for. Anyway not to stop trolling for my school.... haha..
   If any of you all have any questions about what law school is like period, don't hessitate to ask. Finals are starting soon, and i'll be studying all the time again, but would look forward to a break to help any of you all that I can. I wish you the best of luck this cycle, I know you all will do great!! Take care!
Ciao Amigos!!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
In at Tulsa and St. Mary's

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
In at Tulsa and St. Mary's

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »
In at Washburn and Tulsa.

I don't want to sound like a homer for Washburn, but...
If you hit above a 155, Washburn auto admits...go look at their stats.  Of course, it's in Topeka, but with in-state tuition by 2nd semester, if you want to do public service, I have to think it's the deal of the century.