Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3046 times)

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I walked out the LSAT
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 12:32:42 AM »
To study for the LSAT it is probaly better to read newspaper articles you don't understand and relax rather than chucking through prep test.

The best way to study for the LR is to troll message boards, read the convoluted things people say and then pick apart their arguments.  Not only do you improve your LR skills, you get to annoy somebody in the process.  A win-win situation.

traydeuce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 12:36:17 AM »
To study for the LSAT it is probaly better to read newspaper articles you don't understand and relax rather than chucking through prep test.

The best way to study for the LR is to troll message boards, read the convoluted things people say and then pick apart their arguments.  Not only do you improve your LR skills, you get to annoy somebody in the process.  A win-win situation.

I guess... depends on the message board, some are so totally illogical they wouldn't be of much help. You could also read legal opinions, take a logic course... I'm in Philosophy of Law right now, they make us diagram decisions, it's somewhat helpful.

Trill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 12:59:41 AM »
Do you already have a score, or are you retaking in February?

I took the LSAT in June, retook in September and ended up cancelling the September score.  That following Monday, I called the admissions offices of the schools I'd applied to, and told them I'd cancelled my LSAT score and that they shouldn't wait for my new score before reviewing my application.  Some of them asked me to send them an email to that effect so that they'd have it in writing.  It wasn't a big deal.

If you don't already have an LSAT score, I wouldn't say anything.  But if you do have a score, I'd suggest calling the admissions offices on Monday.

I have a score already from the September test which I'm content with.

Did you end up emailing the same individuals that contacted you through email when you sent your apps in? (Generally dean of admissions or assistant dean).

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 01:32:26 AM »
thanks. I will send out e-mails tomorrow, and follow up with phone calls Monday.

tiki

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
Do you already have a score, or are you retaking in February?

I took the LSAT in June, retook in September and ended up cancelling the September score.  That following Monday, I called the admissions offices of the schools I'd applied to, and told them I'd cancelled my LSAT score and that they shouldn't wait for my new score before reviewing my application.  Some of them asked me to send them an email to that effect so that they'd have it in writing.  It wasn't a big deal.

If you don't already have an LSAT score, I wouldn't say anything.  But if you do have a score, I'd suggest calling the admissions offices on Monday.

I have a score already from the September test which I'm content with.

Did you end up emailing the same individuals that contacted you through email when you sent your apps in? (Generally dean of admissions or assistant dean).

I'm pretty sure my emails went directly to admin staff (not dean or ass't dean) in the admissions offices.  I'd still suggest calling just to make sure you send to the correct email address.

Greasy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »
Yikes. Do you have anger management problems generally?

Not at all, that's why this is so upsetting. This whole process has consumed me, and now I have nothing to show for it. Perhaps "nothing to show" is a tad strong, but that's how I feel considering what I expected and how I was performing up until it actually counted.

But all that's immaterial now... Anyone have any projections about my stats and the schools I mentioned?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »
not doing as well as i'd hoped on the LSAT and taking two years off was one of the best things that ever happened to me, incidentally.  it could be worse, this is not the end of the world, blah blah.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »

I guess... depends on the message board, some are so totally illogical they wouldn't be of much help. You could also read legal opinions, take a logic course... I'm in Philosophy of Law right now, they make us diagram decisions, it's somewhat helpful.

What sort of diagramming? Like venn diagrams and symbolic logic used for syllogisms?

mdbutler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »

You nailed it, he's an idiot.

traydeuce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »

What sort of diagramming? Like venn diagrams and symbolic logic used for syllogisms?

No... we just break the cases down into a series of premises and intermediate conclusions, just a deductive (or is it inductive?) analysis