;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3081 times)

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I walked out the LSAT
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 02:49:30 PM »
I assumed shorter would be better.

Short is fine. But if you're going to let adcoms know about your LSAT decision, a "why" is most important. Otherwise leave it alone.

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »
There are some schools that are currently waiting for my score. If I let them know I canceled, then I could go complete sooner.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »
anybody?

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 06:16:23 PM »
That would probably suffice. Sorry to hear the exam didn't go well for you, good luck.
2L and counting...

Trill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
Your story sounds similar to mine.

Luckily my first two sections were both games, and I honestly could not concentrate I was so ill. I made it through the games, but I just blanked out and could not finish them. It's really strange, but games were generally my strength but when I took them on test day (both times), they have been my weakpoint.

At least with logical reasoning / reading comprehension, you can skip questions you're unsure of with little risk to your score. For games, if you don't fully comprehend one of them, it's almost as though that entire section will suffer. Sure, you can guess on some reasonably, but the questions are so dependent on the original setup that you're essentially out of luck if you don't have a strong initial grasp of the game. No use worrying about a test anymore. I'm not retaking it again even though I'm absolutely certain I could do better.

Does anyone know if I have to inform schools that I canceled? Will it reflect poorly on my application if I don't mention the cancellation? I've already applied, and they'll get the notice from LSAC, but do I specifically need to notify them? How do you go about contacting them, do you just send off an email to all of the Dean of Admissions for the law schools you've applied to?

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »
what about this?

Dear Admissions Committee,
I decided not to complete the LSAT on December 1, 2007 due to illness.
Sincerely,
TheTruth

Other than the facts that its NOT the Truth, yea that seems fine.

Seems to me that after the RC he started to feel uneasy about how he was going to do, and that uneasiness manifested itself in physical symptoms of general agitation.  Sounds legit to me.

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »
To study for the LSAT it is probaly better to read newspaper articles you don't understand and relax rather than chucking through prep test.

ALL THOOSE 170s I GOT  will result in another cancel score.  While people who studied a lot less and got 160s are happy.

If i do get take the test in Feb i am studying no more than once a week. And the last 2 weeks before test no more than once. Maybe a prep test.

This is one test that burn out  is a killer.

tiki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »
TheTruth, just tell them you decided to cancel your score and that you're requesting they not wait for your December score before reviewing your application.  This is what I did after I cancelled my September score.  The schools were fine about it, and I went complete soon after notifying them.  I don't think you have to give a reason for cancelling.  Maybe you were sick or having an off day.  Cancelled scores don't count toward the rankings, so schools don't care if/why you cancelled.

tiki

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 10:54:56 PM »
Your story sounds similar to mine.

Luckily my first two sections were both games, and I honestly could not concentrate I was so ill. I made it through the games, but I just blanked out and could not finish them. It's really strange, but games were generally my strength but when I took them on test day (both times), they have been my weakpoint.

At least with logical reasoning / reading comprehension, you can skip questions you're unsure of with little risk to your score. For games, if you don't fully comprehend one of them, it's almost as though that entire section will suffer. Sure, you can guess on some reasonably, but the questions are so dependent on the original setup that you're essentially out of luck if you don't have a strong initial grasp of the game. No use worrying about a test anymore. I'm not retaking it again even though I'm absolutely certain I could do better.

Does anyone know if I have to inform schools that I canceled? Will it reflect poorly on my application if I don't mention the cancellation? I've already applied, and they'll get the notice from LSAC, but do I specifically need to notify them? How do you go about contacting them, do you just send off an email to all of the Dean of Admissions for the law schools you've applied to?

Do you already have a score, or are you retaking in February?

I took the LSAT in June, retook in September and ended up cancelling the September score.  That following Monday, I called the admissions offices of the schools I'd applied to, and told them I'd cancelled my LSAT score and that they shouldn't wait for my new score before reviewing my application.  Some of them asked me to send them an email to that effect so that they'd have it in writing.  It wasn't a big deal.

If you don't already have an LSAT score, I wouldn't say anything.  But if you do have a score, I'd suggest calling the admissions offices on Monday.

J_

• Sr. Citizen
  • YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »
I feel you guys.  Thats how I felt last.  The games section burnt me.  This time even though I didnt perform up to my potential I still managed to rally for what I hope is a decent score not too far below target.
LLS '11