Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No reason to apply when LORs aren't in?  (Read 1989 times)

brothernads

Re: No reason to apply when LORs aren't in?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 09:44:02 AM »
I did call...and they gave me the standard "we have no way of knowing if we've received a letter, we only know about it once it's been processed". I *suggested* they install a system like they have with transcripts -- so you can tell when it's been received, but not yet processed.

I do have a direct fax number to one of the reps, so hopefully my recommender will fax it today.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 12:56:40 PM »
I would see if you can get someone at LSAC's contact info. Have the letter either faxed or mailed direct to them. I am sorry you are having such a rough time.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

brothernads

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 12:59:03 PM »
Thanks...yeah, I do have a contact there. She will get the fax directly, so hopefully they'll process ASAP.

I don't care that it takes so long to process the letters, it's just frustrating when there is no way to get an update on what's happening. Even the reps can't supply any info on the situation. The efficiency of the process needs to improve.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 02:00:53 PM »
I could not agree with you more. They should be able to make note that the item was recieved on such and such a date, and then update it again when it is processed. I bet it would make their phones stop ringing off the hook by upset people wanting to know what is going on with their items.

Good luck with the fax. I hope it works out for you!
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 11:41:04 AM »
I did call...and they gave me the standard "we have no way of knowing if we've received a letter, we only know about it once it's been processed". I *suggested* they install a system like they have with transcripts -- so you can tell when it's been received, but not yet processed.

Stupid LSAC.  You'd think they'd have that system in place since all they need to do is copy/scan the LOR. It's not like they have to analyze it like the transcripts.

Down with LSAC!
Fed gov't atty

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 01:17:36 PM »
So W&L requested my report, but it says its on hold "Pending receipt of letter(s) of recommendation"

So whats the point in applying now?

P.S. 7 days since LOR was sent..blah

I called because one of my LORs had been sent 2 weeks prior.  They were really nice, told me not to panic. They said they were really busy, busiest time of the year, and with the new computer upgrade, things were slower than they'd like them to be.  Mine showed up about 17 days after it had been mailed.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

NeverForever

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 09:37:51 PM »
17 days! Oi, well there goes early action for me.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 10:02:33 PM »
That's actually my concern, but your early action must be earlier than my early action. I'm applying to Cornell and UVA early action (before I get my LSAT score, so just gambling good money away). UVA has an Oct. 15 deadline with completed LSAC file by Nov. 15. Cornell is, I believe, Nov. 15.  Either way, it's a toss-up as to whether my file will be complete.  I'm having problems getting one of my UG transcripts.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

NeverForever

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 10:10:28 PM »
Yeah, most of mine are due November 15th like yours are, but I wanted to apply to Duke EA and their deadline is November 1st so I'm worried that I'm not going to make the deadline. I'm waiting on one LOR (it hasn't even been sent yet). So if they are taking three weeks to process then I'm done for.

But from what I understand, even if you apply for EA and don't make the deadline then they will just put you into the regular admission pool which isn't that bad.