Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who will take me with my stats???  (Read 2756 times)

shattered

• View Profile
Who will take me with my stats???
« on: November 30, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »
Ahh its the night before the December LSAT and I am certain I will not be accepted anywhere with my stats and all.
Tomorrow's LSAT is my first one so I dont know my LSAT score yet but in practice tests Ive ranged from 145-160. If I read a bit more closely, I could score quite a lot higher.
My GPA is to die for. I kid...its a B+ at the University of Toronto. Its an Honours BA in Criminology, Ethics Society and Law and Political Science...the Pol Sci minor is "extra work". The requirements are only 2 majors but I added an extra minor. All of my courses are what you would consider "hard". All are Crim/Soc/Pol Sci.
I have unusual family obligations which I did explain in my application. I am a caregiver for my older autistic brother, second only to my mother and also the sole means of communication with the hearing for my deaf/mute sister.
So given these...what are my chances?
I have applied to: Osgoode, Queens, Ottawa, Western, Windsor, UBC, UNB and USask. I should add that my dad got his law degree from Windsor which I also mentioned to that school
Think anyone will have pity on me?

TheMaddRapper

• View Profile
Re: Who will take me with my stats???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »
Ok I'll bite.  I have some friends up in Canada.  They have no equivalent to LSN but just go on lawstudents.ca and they will know what you should do.

Anything 160+ can get you in somewhere.  Try a 164 for the Queens/Western level, maybe high 160s for Osgoode.  170+ for U of T.  Some Canadian schools are complete crapshoots (soft factors, etc.) because they don't have the cynical USNews system we have down in the states.

TheMaddRapper

• View Profile
Re: Who will take me with my stats???
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:22:30 AM »
Just apply everywhere.  There's only like 15 schools?  Or less?  I get the feeling that UNB or USask are even less picky than Windsor.

Even if you get a 158 or something, I'm sure if you write some heartwarming essay about your lifelong passion for establishing protected refuges for gay Aboriginal polar bears in the human rights charter you could get into Ottawa or UVic just fine