;

Poll

Were you accepted off the wait list?

Yes
 0 (0%)
No
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Wake Wait List  (Read 3494 times)

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
Wake Wait List
« on: March 17, 2004, 04:28:12 AM »
April 22nd is the first day Wake is making decisions regarding their waitlist...I wanted to post a poll to see if anyone is accepted off of the list.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wake Wait List
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 04:22:34 PM »
I have been accepted to Wake and there is a good chance that I may not attend.  I'm sure there are others like me, so I've got to believe that some spots will open up.

hating the waiting

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 05:06:06 PM »
I am on the waitlist as well.  I visited them in February and was told that last year more students accepted their offers of admission than usual, leading to a class with almost a whole extra section.  Some students complained.  Hence, this year they are being very conservative with their admits. Or at least that is what I was told.

Doesn't say whether or not they will pull from the waitlist but it gave me hope. :)

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 05:32:45 PM »
Thanks for the info....do you think that since we visited the law school it will help our chances if they start taking people off the list? What were your stats?

hating the waiting

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 11:26:55 AM »
we have similar stats - 160 Avg/2.8...durty south on Lawschoolnumbers. i don't think that visiting hurt our chances any, if that is any consolation.  i think it's always good to demonstrate interest. 

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:52:25 PM »
Cool we lets keep each other posted on any information...k?

ruskiegirl

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 04:14:32 PM »
I was waitlisted at Wake and got into Berkeley. Go figure!

I will withdraw my application from Wake Forest next week. Maybe that will help someone move up on the list.  Good luck to everyone!

cc1t

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 09:23:10 PM »
I was waitlisted on Wake, got into Tulane, so I already put my commitment deposit down for Tulane since the due date is coming up.... I guess I gotta eat that 200 bucks if Wake (by the grace of god) does let me in, post when you hear back.

162/2.9

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 01:17:22 PM »
got into wakeforest and tulane, but am leaning towards tulane....i know that wakeforest may be ranked slightly higher, but looking at the median private sector salaries after graduation, it looks like tulane's are significantly higher ($100,000 compared to $65,000), so i don't think you'll go wrong with tulane....

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 08:34:55 PM »
I'm in at Wake and waiting on Tulane.  If I get into Tulane I will probably go there.  Like the previous poster said: better job opportunities from Tulane.  Also, I think the two schools' reputational scores are very similar.