;

Poll

Were you accepted off the wait list?

Yes
 0 (0%)
No
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Wake Wait List  (Read 3558 times)

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wake Wait List
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 07:41:05 PM »
Cool, well it sounds like some of the people they accepted or wait listed aren't going to go. That is good news to my ears, but I bet there are like 4,000 people on the wait list and they will take 1 or 2 with my luck. (I know that is an exagerration..but you know how the wait list blues are)

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 10:50:36 PM »
 ??? Any updates on Wake Forest waitlist? Any one not going, know any new information or is on the list with me please feel free to respond.  8) Hopefully some of us will get in.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 11:13:08 AM »
I either haven't heard or was waitlisted from the schools I was considering ahead of Wake, so it looks as if that's where I'm heading this fall.  Good luck to all the waitlisted.

hating the waiting

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 01:50:28 PM »
I checked with them last week, and someone told me they wouldn't be doing anything with the waitlist until after Apr. 15 at the earliest, since that's their deposit deadline.   

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 06:35:23 PM »
I'm pretty certain at this point that I'm going to decline their offer...unless I get a good package from them, which doesn't seem likely.  Hopefully this will also free up a spot on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone -

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2004, 07:09:58 PM »
Thanks for the update, I sent them a transcript from Winter 2004 Quarter (I got a 3.6 think this will help?), letter of continued interest, and some additional recommendations. Did they mention how many deposits they received by today....i.e. can they tell if the waitlist will be used by now? 

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 03:36:44 PM »
The Director of Admissions emailed me and told me that they will be making decisions regarding the wait list starting April 22nd. Couple of questions: 1) Does that mean that they are going to take people off the wait list this year? and 2) Does this email mean that I am on their radar or is this common for them to email wait listed candidates? (Obviously I need responses from others on the wait list to determine this) Thanks for any info.

:-\

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
Their deposit deadline is April 15th so I'm sure the school itself won't know anything until after this date.  FWIW, I withdrew my deposit(the day after sending it) to Wake.  Hope that opens a spot up for you or others on the WL.

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »
odes...
I am on the waitlist at Wake and have not heard anything through e-mail or mail since the initial notification.  I have not initiated any contact with them, either.

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 08:47:55 PM »
 :D Well since you withdrew your deposit there might be ONE opening for people on the wait list. I wonder how many people are on the waitlist and how many of those people are seriously interested in attending the school. These questions prolly are impossible to answer. Anyway, the director of admissions did mention that April 15th is their first deposit deadline and that they will be doing "something" with the waitlist. Hmmmmmm....when I got waitlisted I visited the school, wrote a letter, got two more recs and sent them an updated transcript. I hope this helps.