Law School Discussion

Where are my completes?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Where are my completes?
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
If you'd notice my LSN link below, I was done applying quite early..yet still VERY few competes.  Do you guys think f-ed up, should I call and see if something was missing?  Or am I just slowly losing it.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Where are my completes?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »
One guy on this board said that he sent an application to Georgetown in early November and just got an acceptance before even hearing that he was complete. I'm not sure how applicable this is to other schools, but it suggests that at least in some cases the schools are just lazy about notifying people that their file is complete.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
good deal, why the @#!* would their data entry team rush anyways.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 12:12:24 PM »
good deal, why the @#!* would their data entry team rush anyways.

Its the same sadistic pleasure that some people get from burning ants with a magnifying glass.

They are sick.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:15:29 PM »
I had to call St Johns. Everyone else went complete on LSN, but I didn't get the letter. I guess they just forgot me.

qt314

• pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »
One guy on this board said that he sent an application to Georgetown in early November and just got an acceptance before even hearing that he was complete. I'm not sure how applicable this is to other schools, but it suggests that at least in some cases the schools are just lazy about notifying people that their file is complete.

agreed.  I don't think every school makes sure to inform you that you are complete.

but that's just... bitchy and irresponsible. seriously. what if you're NOT complete because you're missing a required LOR or forgot to attach your resume? your app could languish until april. will they tell you if you're NOT complete?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »

agreed.  I don't think every school makes sure to inform you that you are complete.

but that's just... bitchy and irresponsible. seriously. what if you're NOT complete because you're missing a required LOR or forgot to attach your resume? your app could languish until april. will they tell you if you're NOT complete?

True, but as I sit at my desk trying to not do data entry work that I'm payed 15 per hour to do, I can empathize with students who are payed minimum for their work studies' complete apathy towards my application.

Sketchy grammar there

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 12:55:24 PM »

yes, schools tell applicants if they are not complete and what is missing.  Some schools take awhile to go complete at, some do not even notify of completion. I say give it three weeks, and then call and ask if everything is alright and if you are complete. 

qt314

• pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »

yes, schools tell applicants if they are not complete and what is missing.  Some schools take awhile to go complete at, some do not even notify of completion. I say give it three weeks, and then call and ask if everything is alright and if you are complete. 

thanks! i was trying not to be overly neurotic about things. there are plenty of people who applied around the same time or after me at some schools who are already complete, and i was freaking out...