Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hi. I have ADD and I'm taking the LSAT.  (Read 507 times)

baileypicks24

• Sr. Citizen
  • You have food, a roof, and security. Shut up.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi. I have ADD and I'm taking the LSAT.
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »
If you aren't prepared to hear some serious, mindless and pathetic bitching, please hit the back button on your browser...

Annyyyyways, I do have Adult ADD. And I'm hype about Saturday's exam. The problem: I cannot focus worth a damn. Sure sure, you say, everyone and their mother has some degree of Adult ADD. And I agree. But when I happen to be taking practice LSATs, it's dead obvious. When, by some freak alignment of the planets, I happen to stay focused and in the zone during the exam, I can manage a 170. When the ADD kicks in, my score will drop to a 155. Ugh.

Life sucks. And I refuse to take medication. I'm sure my stubbornness will land me in a not-so-hot school.

Any tips?

Anyways, can't wait till Saturday. Hooray.  :-\

(If you're wondering about the 'jsulahry'...that's me. I just forgot my userid and made a new one...but I found my original account.)

Dudeness

• View Profile
Re: Hi. I have ADD and I'm taking the LSAT.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:54 PM »
If I knew meds would net me a 170, I would have started on some a long time ago.

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:06:33 PM »
Seriously. Bring me some of those pills rights away!
GW '11?

Dudeness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:40:21 PM »
I've been accused of having ADD many times and I do have a very hard time focusing, but I've never had it checked out. I'm so hoping it doesn't kick in tomorrow. It seems to have gotten better with taking more practice tests, but I'm still worried about it. That and the fact that sometimes the page and words will jumble together and get blurry when I'm reading something that's not for fun. I don't know what that's all about either.