Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Illinois Status Checker  (Read 7098 times)

rsieg10

• View Profile
Re: Illinois Status Checker
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2008, 08:52:49 AM »
Are you a URM?

thelawnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2008, 09:21:48 AM »
I've been at In review since the friday before break, and mine hasn't changed yet.  Don't know if that tells you anything.  My LSN link is below.

Ding me I dare ya!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
yeaa mines been in review since 12/19 and since most ppl get a decision within a week... things arent looking so good :-\

areopagite

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »
Don't feel too bad.  My application was in review since 12/3 and just went to decision on Wednesday (1/2).
John Dewey on standardized tests:

"It reminds me of how we weighed pigs on my grandfather's farm.  You lay a board over a fence, put the pig on one end and pile rocks on the other.  Then you guess how much the rocks weigh."

Ding me I dare ya!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »
yay thanks. i was thing the quick turn around was the norm but couldnt figure out how the holiday factored in.  i had already started sour grapeing about it hehe "its in illnois. do i really wanna go there?? its okay i didn't get in cuz i wouldn't go... blah blah blah"

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »
I did manage to call the Admissions Office today to receive word of my decision over the phone.  I am leaving the country tomorrow for an extended period of time, so Admissions was nice enough to tell me over the phone...that I was denied.  Apparently they do start rejections this early!  Best of luck to everyone else.  I went to Illinois for undergrad and loved every minute of it!

Tegoyan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »
It's funny how when rejection season starts angry non-URMs hijack threads to gripe about black people stealing their seats. As was stated in the UCLA wait list thread, take the AA debate to the proper forum so that people who don't want to hear the product of your bruised ego can read threads in peace.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,31.0.html

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »
It's funny how when rejection season starts angry non-URMs hijack threads to gripe about black people stealing their seats. As was stated in the UCLA wait list thread, take the AA debate to the proper forum so that people who don't want to hear the product of your bruised ego can read threads in peace.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,31.0.html

The relevant posts have been moved to here:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,100307.0.html
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

dirix

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
My status just changed to "Decision, Letter Mailed" today.  Good luck everyone!  I need that letter now...

thelawnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2008, 01:51:27 PM »
Thanks for the update!  Now I just hope that mine goes to decision today too.