Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Illinois Status Checker  (Read 7246 times)

rsieg10

• View Profile
Re: Illinois Status Checker
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
Mine changed to "Decision, Letter Mailed" today.  I live in Miami, so I probably won't get it for about a week.  I think this status checker is only useful for creating anxiety!

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »
Illinois sends an email about 3 or 4 days after the status changes to Decision, so if you don't get the letter all that fast, you might get the email sooner!
Vandy Law 2011

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
Illinois will send the decision via e-mail?!  I have not heard of this.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »

If you call, they will tell you the decision.  I'm sure you're in.
Michigan 2L

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »

If you call, they will tell you the decision.  I'm sure you're in.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

At the bottom of the status checker, it says "No Decisions Will Be Given Over The Phone.  There Are No Exceptions To This Policy."  Has anyone ACTUALLY gotten their decision over the phone?

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »

At the bottom of the status checker, it says "No Decisions Will Be Given Over The Phone.  There Are No Exceptions To This Policy."  Has anyone ACTUALLY gotten their decision over the phone?

Plenty. 
Michigan 2L

areopagite

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
Mine changed to "Decision, Letter Mailed" today.  I live in Miami, so I probably won't get it for about a week.  I think this status checker is only useful for creating anxiety!

My status checker changed to "Decision, Letter mailed" yesterday.  Based on last year's LSN accounts, it's probably good news.  Only a couple of rejections went out in January and the waitlists didn't start going out until March.  Best of luck rsieg10!
John Dewey on standardized tests:

"It reminds me of how we weighed pigs on my grandfather's farm.  You lay a board over a fence, put the pig on one end and pile rocks on the other.  Then you guess how much the rocks weigh."

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »

Plenty.
Interesting.  From my experience last cycle, not a single school would release my decision over the phone (believe me, I tried EVERYTHING).

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »

My status checker changed to "Decision, Letter mailed" yesterday.  Based on last year's LSN accounts, it's probably good news.  Only a couple of rejections went out in January and the waitlists didn't start going out until March.  Best of luck rsieg10!
Thanks for the info--that's great news!  I thought Illinois was going to be a long shot for me, but I feel slightly more confident now  :)  Best of luck to you too, and let us know the result!

Juice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »
I applied very early - in September - to UofI, and just yesterday/today my decision status also changed to decision mailed. I checked and nobody on LSN has posted a rejection yet this year, nor a waitlist. Last year's data, as you stated, seem to suggest the same trend. Here's the thing - I am absolutely certain that I am an auto reject from UofI! I have a 154-157 LSAT and a 2-8-3.1 GPA. So do you really think this could mean that I have been accepted? Honestly, given the rigid systems these schools use to make admissions decisions, all the stars would have to align for me to get in to this school. My hopes have been lifted though, so we will have to see....