Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Criminal addendum - How specific on dates?  (Read 453 times)

patmycan

Criminal addendum - How specific on dates?
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:03:13 AM »
I only have two misdemeanors to report, both being a minor in consumption of alcohol. For my second one I know the exact date: Aug. 18th, 2006. However, for the second one, I can only pinpoint it at sometime in early September of 2005. How specific do I need to be for such a small infraction?

The first time I plead guilty and paid my fine and the second I had to appear in court so I'm not sure if a court date needs to be mentioned, because both times it was just a fine.

Thanks for the help guys!

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Criminal addendum - How specific on dates?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »
Get all of the specifics (including copies of the citations, plea, etc) b/c you will eventually need them for C&F.

EDIT: I also think you are underestimating "how minor" these infractions are.  Two of them will not reflect well on you.  It will probably not be determinative at all schools, but I'd guess you won't get into a school or two you otherwise would have.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:44:04 AM »
You should write in your addendum: "Unfortunately, I cannot recall the precise date of my second incident, because I was SO TOTALLY WASTED, man."

;D  ;D
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

patmycan

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 10:58:41 AM »
So it is not essential that I have the specific date for applications, but I will need it in the future? If that is the case, for the sake of saving any more time waiting to go complete, I will just go with what I have.

And I wish I could say I was too wasted, but a BAC of .01 and .08 really aren't anything to brag about  ;)

annarborite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »
While month and year will probably suffice, I would (and did) include the precise date.  The court or police department should be able to provide that information to you.