Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: black community at harvard  (Read 9991 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: black community at harvard
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 12:40:18 PM »
omg, y'all are coming out of the woodwork today.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 12:45:31 PM »
Cuz y'all actin' like lil bitches right now. I'm sorry, but y'all are.

I am curious about what you get out of acting the way you do. It's so juvenile.  ???

It's just annoying and I speak my mind. Some of you cats are just mad concerned with lame *&^%. "How are the white people going to feel about me?" "Are they going to rub my stomach and give me treats?" I mean, you're grown; go to school and handle your business like a grown up. Stop worrying about white ppl all the damn time.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 12:51:15 PM »
wait.. did u just say rub my stomach and give me treats? :D :D :D :D :D

-dead-

---

nike there are a lot of biracial students @ Harvard..from what i've seen everyone is treated equally..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

CandyMonster

• Sr. Citizen
  • Gimme candy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
Cuz y'all actin' like lil bitches right now. I'm sorry, but y'all are.

I am curious about what you get out of acting the way you do. It's so juvenile.  ???

It's just annoying and I speak my mind. Some of you cats are just mad concerned with lame poo. "How are the white people going to feel about me?" "Are they going to rub my stomach and give me treats?" I mean, you're grown; go to school and handle your business like a grown up. Stop worrying about white ppl all the damn time.

Speaking your mind is a wonderful thing but so are tact and self control; the latter two being hallmarks of maturity. Additionally, if it annoys you so much just don't read it. After all, it really is no concern of yours since you obviously don't care what other people think or feel, right?  ;)
2007-2008 cycle
Accepted (in order): Duke, Harvard, UMich, Yale, Cornell, UVa, UPenn
Pending: Stanford, NYU, Columbia

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »
Go to hell.

CandyMonster

• Sr. Citizen
  • Gimme candy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
2007-2008 cycle

nikegrrlvj

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2007, 01:38:54 PM »

-dead-

---

nike there are a lot of biracial students @ Harvard..from what i've seen everyone is treated equally..

Thanks a lot :) Although now I'm going through a crisis after reading the "Life As An Associate" post.... it's horrifying/eye-opening. Everyone should check it out.
A: HLS
WL:
R:
P: YLS
WD: UMich($$$), UPenn, Duke($$$), UVA($$$), W&L, CLS

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2007, 02:34:42 PM »

It's just annoying and I speak my mind. Some of you cats are just mad concerned with lame *&^%. "How are the white people going to feel about me?" "Are they going to rub my stomach and give me treats?" I mean, you're grown; go to school and handle your business like a grown up. Stop worrying about white ppl all the damn time.
DEAD

While this is harsh, I gotta say that I agree with HB on this. 

I never understood the point of this thread to begin with. The black community at HLS is just like the black community at any of school of that caliber.  Theres a mixture---some affluent, some poors, a bunch of Africans and West Indians and biracial people, and theres going to be those black people who you don't even know exist bc you never see them at "black" functions.  For the most part, all the black students know each other (a good and bad thing) and BLSAs tend to stick together and be helpful.

Like HB said, I don't think this is something that you need to worry about when it comes to schools like this.  It would be totally different if you were thinking about going to school in Montana or something.

....back to civ pro.
Columbia 3L

doubledown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2007, 02:54:26 PM »

-dead-

---

Thanks a lot :) Although now I'm going through a crisis after reading the "Life As An Associate" post.... it's horrifying/eye-opening. Everyone should check it out.

A little dramatic?  Are you now concerned about how you will be treated as a biracial associate?  Please tell me that this is not the case.

CandyMonster

• Sr. Citizen
  • Gimme candy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »
Srsly, why are some of you ppl so damn judgemental? If newbs aren't welcome here just go ahead and post it so we know to just leave you oldheads alone and seek advice elsewhere.  ::)
2007-2008 cycle