Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: black community at harvard  (Read 10359 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: black community at harvard
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2007, 11:26:34 PM »
I would, but I haven't thought about unilateral contracts in 2 years...::feels old::

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2007, 11:33:05 PM »
I hope you also feel lame if you ever thought about it.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2007, 11:41:37 PM »
Contracts was tied for my fave class first semester 1L.  That and torts (of course).

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2007, 11:41:52 PM »
I would, but I haven't thought about unilateral contracts in 2 years...::feels old::

:(  Thanks anyway
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »
Post the question anyway

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2007, 11:56:31 PM »
Well, i know that a unilateral contract becomes an option contract once the offeree starts performance, so that the offeror can't revoke.  I had two separate questions about option contracts.  First situation: contract says a specific time to complete performance but OE will be a little late.  Can you get substantial performance like a regular contract or is the OR allowed to revoke the contract.

Second situation:  OR breaches by revoking the option contract while the OE is still performing the unilateral contract.  What remedies?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2007, 12:16:28 AM »
Yes, those are good questions.  Here is what I have in my old class notes:

· Rest. § 45 IMPORTANT
   ○ (1) Where an offer invites an offeree to accept by rendering a performance and does not invite a promissory acceptance, an option contract is created when the offeree tenders or begins the invited performance or tenders a beginning of it
   ○ (2) The offeror's duty of performance under any option contract so created is conditional on completion or tender of the invited performance in accordance with the terms of the offer.
   ○ Comment (f): Preparations for Performance: What is begun or tendered must be part of the actual performance invited in order to preclude revocation under this Section.  Beginning preparations…is not enough.
   ○ Every state follows it
   ○ Most important after § 90
   ○ (1) where there is a clear unilateral contract
   ○ An option contract - the offeror can no longer revoke once the offeree starts performance, though the offeree can chose whether or not to perform
      § Not preparations for performance
   ○ (2) If, for instance, the offer stipulates that you have to be finished by Oct. 31, do I have to pay you if you finish on Nov. 1?  No. (check on this)
   ○ What does it mean to tender?
      § Raising the money and showing up at the door is not enough
         □ Also not beginning performance
         □ Petterson would probably come out the same
      § An offer to perform consisting of the production of the sum due, with a physical handing over
         □ He has to tender the entire amount for there to be a contract

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2007, 05:50:44 AM »
titcr.  You should all come to Michigan.  Our blacks our kind and welcoming.  :P

:D :D :D :D :D
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »
Yes, those are good questions.  Here is what I have in my old class notes:

· Rest. § 45 IMPORTANT
   ○ (1) Where an offer invites an offeree to accept by rendering a performance and does not invite a promissory acceptance, an option contract is created when the offeree tenders or begins the invited performance or tenders a beginning of it
   ○ (2) The offeror's duty of performance under any option contract so created is conditional on completion or tender of the invited performance in accordance with the terms of the offer.
   ○ Comment (f): Preparations for Performance: What is begun or tendered must be part of the actual performance invited in order to preclude revocation under this Section.  Beginning preparations…is not enough.
   ○ Every state follows it
   ○ Most important after § 90
   ○ (1) where there is a clear unilateral contract
   ○ An option contract - the offeror can no longer revoke once the offeree starts performance, though the offeree can chose whether or not to perform
      § Not preparations for performance
   ○ (2) If, for instance, the offer stipulates that you have to be finished by Oct. 31, do I have to pay you if you finish on Nov. 1?  No. (check on this)
   ○ What does it mean to tender?
      § Raising the money and showing up at the door is not enough
         □ Also not beginning performance
         □ Petterson would probably come out the same
      § An offer to perform consisting of the production of the sum due, with a physical handing over
         □ He has to tender the entire amount for there to be a contract

gracias

lsn

nickolai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »
As the original poster, I'm surprised at some of the responses on this thread. Partially, that's my fault for not being more explicit in my questions.  So I'll try again. The original questions I asked are:

How active is the black community at harvard? Is there a pretty good sense of community? Are they involved politically, socially, etc. as a community? The BSA at my university was very active and spent a good deal of time helping out the rest of the community. How realistic is it for law students to be engaged in this type of activity?

How is the black community in cambridge?  Does it exist? What is it like? Obviously, again, this is your personal opinion. Just trying to get a sense of the community.

I come from a really diverse area and I've heard that cambridge/boston is pretty homogenous.  Can anyone give insight on what it's like? I've never been to Boston or Cambridge, but I imagine it's not as diverse as the Bay Area. I'm just looking for what type of cultural activity is going on in the city.

I apologize for the confusion. My post had nothing to do with black-white relations. I'm half black and half white, take that for what it's worth. I'm just trying to get a sense of the community. I think that all of these questions are fair for someone who is getting ready to invest $120K and three years of their life in a new city/school/community.

Thank you to everyone who did answer my questions.