Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: black community at harvard  (Read 10257 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: black community at harvard
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 02:26:25 AM »
Yeah, good point... where is Nat? And OSA for that matter...

I really wish OSA would come back!  (Not that I don't hope Nat sticks around, too, but she's been around a little.)
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 07:47:07 AM »
Lol I was just messing with you.  I don't even go to Harvard.  If House Boy or Lacoste read this, they can probably answer your questions.  I think they're the only Harvardlings around lately.  That said, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I can't believe you forgot Nat, especially after seeing bakongo's 'tar!  And though she's in a different program, I'm sure blk would have things to say too. :)

Lol I didn't forget either of them...but I said "around lately," and I haven't seen either of them around lately.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »
Lol I didn't forget either of them...but I said "around lately," and I haven't seen either of them around lately.

Oh, I hadn't seen too much of Lacoste lately either so I was just assuming you meant people who were active this semester.  All I've seen of him in the past couple weeks has been an "I *heart* Huckabee."  But I'm always in the wrong threads...

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 01:37:12 AM »
I *heart* Hucka-- er, sorry, wrong thread.

Just f'n with 'ya.

I second what RBGMassaOpotoHouseBoy says.  H is diverse as all heck given the size, the Blacks are pretty darn active.  Arguably one of the largest and most active BLSAs in the country.  Good group of folks.

But yes, predominately privileged-biracial-richers.

That'll be almost anywhere.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 01:37:54 AM »
Oh, Miss P -- what's up with Milledge to the Nats?  HORRIBLE MOVE OMAR, jsia.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 01:47:28 AM »
Oh, Miss P -- what's up with Milledge to the Nats?  HORRIBLE MOVE OMAR, jsia.

Seriously.  The way I see it, that's 18 games/season where the kid is going to beat up on us like nobody's business.

marcusbarnes30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »
I *heart* Hucka-- er, sorry, wrong thread.

Just f'n with 'ya.

I second what RBGMassaOpotoHouseBoy says.  H is diverse as all heck given the size, the Blacks are pretty darn active.  Arguably one of the largest and most active BLSAs in the country.  Good group of folks.

But yes, predominately privileged-biracial-richers.

That'll be almost anywhere.

The only thing I hate more than a richer is a richer lover

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »
Pretty diverse from what I hear.

I have a friend who goes there and I know at least 3 people from my graduating class alone that went there for Law School.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 11:47:38 PM »
 :D was that the harry potter day or another occasion? folks out here are real special

how active is the black community at harvard? how is the black community in cambridge?  i come from a really diverse area and i've heard that cambridge/boston is pretty homogenous.  can anyone give insight on what it's like?

it's fine. don't worry. yada yada yada. blacks browns yellows whites... get a grip; its ok.

Nuh uh! Tell 'em about those loony folks playing Frisbee and having hula hoop contests outside in the bitter cold! Or about those people we saw dressed up as wizards and witches that day...outside! Yeah...lots of crazy folks in Cambridge. :D ;)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 12:01:43 AM »
:D was that the harry potter day or another occasion? folks out here are real special

how active is the black community at harvard? how is the black community in cambridge?  i come from a really diverse area and i've heard that cambridge/boston is pretty homogenous.  can anyone give insight on what it's like?

it's fine. don't worry. yada yada yada. blacks browns yellows whites... get a grip; its ok.

Nuh uh! Tell 'em about those loony folks playing Frisbee and having hula hoop contests outside in the bitter cold! Or about those people we saw dressed up as wizards and witches that day...outside! Yeah...lots of crazy folks in Cambridge. :D ;)

Nah, I believe it was the weekend before Halloween.
Look to the left -- Look to the right