29 (15.2%)
unsure I'll be attending
 42 (22%)
a current student
 19 (9.9%)
just checking the tally
 75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be  (Read 232291 times)

chastened aspirations

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #2650 on: August 15, 2008, 03:40:01 PM »
I'm in MN. Anyone have the scoop on Hershovitz (Torts), Bagenstos (ConLaw) or Prescott (CrimLaw)?

Section mate! Do you know if you are M or N? The difference is in the Legal Practice time slot.

No idea. How do you find that out?

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: August 15, 2008, 04:16:51 PM »
I had Simpson and Whitman.  Simpson is HILARIOUS, but, uh... things get way too off track sometimes in class.  You might feel like you need to teach yourself Property.  I hear he is a better teacher in his upper level classes.  Whitman is a really smart, really motherly prof... completely different than any other I know of in that respect.  The atmosphere is very supportive in her class.  It was sort of weird going from JJ White's class to Whitman's class next... 180.  And that's not a complaint about either one of them.

Never heard of Franklin.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: August 15, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
I had Simpson and Whitman.  Simpson is HILARIOUS, but, uh... things get way too off track sometimes in class.  You might feel like you need to teach yourself Property.  I hear he is a better teacher in his upper level classes.  Whitman is a really smart, really motherly prof... completely different than any other I know of in that respect.  The atmosphere is very supportive in her class.  It was sort of weird going from JJ White's class to Whitman's class next... 180.  And that's not a complaint about either one of them.

Awesome.  Sounds like I have some cool professors.

Never heard of Franklin.

He's visiting from DePaul.

Has anyone had Osbeck for Legal Practice?
Michigan 2L

ac34

• View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: August 15, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
Section mate! Do you know if you are M or N? The difference is in the Legal Practice time slot.

Click on your Legal Practice section number on the schedule. Under "Class Notes," it will give your section letter.

As I said a page or two ago, I'm in M, so it's good to hear the positive reviews of our professors!
Michigan 2011

chastened aspirations

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2654 on: August 15, 2008, 05:01:27 PM »

Click on your Legal Practice section number on the schedule. Under "Class Notes," it will give your section letter.

As I said a page or two ago, I'm in M, so it's good to hear the positive reviews of our professors!

I'm in N. Cheers 'mate.

In CTools, Torts and CrimLaw don't come up (accordingly I can't find the syllabuseses or assignments for them). Is it just me?

ac34

• View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: August 15, 2008, 05:16:37 PM »
Same for me. Just seems like our professors haven't put the material up yet. Presumably, they'll be up soon enough for us to get our assignments done.

After all, we haven't even been officially informed that our schedules are up yet, so they can't expect us to be checking the course sites yet anyway.
Michigan 2011

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 15, 2008, 05:21:29 PM »

Awesome.  Sounds like I have some cool professors.

Never heard of Franklin.

He's visiting from DePaul.

Has anyone had Osbeck for Legal Practice?

I did (and monserrat and Pearl)!  SUPER SUPER nice man... and I hear that he made our assignments easier on us than some other legal practice profs.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

Pearl

• Sr. Citizen
  • I AM THE LAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 15, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »
Osbeck is the *&^%! 4 words: "The cite is right"

Whitman is cool but I thought she was too nice in class - people would say things that were wrong but she would kind of dance around it so as to avoid embarrassing them.

Simpson is the funniest professor I have ever had, and I don't think I've ever laughed so much in a class. But I can't say it was the best class in terms of actually learning the subject matter.

MLaw11

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 15, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
Excellent; thanks everyone for the replies.  I've got Osbeck too, so I'm thrilled to hear such good things.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2659 on: August 16, 2008, 03:01:26 AM »
Any thoughts on "Paul Harvey Falon?"

I've got a whole year of legal practice with him...
_______
.|E|R|S.