29 (15.2%)
unsure I'll be attending
 42 (22%)
a current student
 19 (9.9%)
just checking the tally
 75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be  (Read 232889 times)

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #2640 on: August 15, 2008, 02:03:50 AM »
Question for the current students: a couple of the classes are scheduled five days a week but say they will meet an average of four days a week.  How does this work out during the semester?

Bascially you'll never meet fridays but the profs have the block reserved just in case they need to schedule make up classes or whatever. 

Not true if you have Primus!!!!  Then it's most Mondays off and meet basically every Friday.

Quick: what's your heart rate right now?  Still pounding from the all-around?  I was thinking of you all evening while I packed.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: August 15, 2008, 02:09:16 AM »
Yeah... I know I should be tired, but I just can't come down from my high. :)

It's all because I'm wearing my USA Gymnastics sweatshirt.  I can't believe I didn't wear it the other night!
Michigan Law Class of 2010

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2642 on: August 15, 2008, 02:11:25 AM »
Yeah... I know I should be tired, but I just can't come down from my high. :)

It's all because I'm wearing my USA Gymnastics sweatshirt.  I can't believe I didn't wear it the other night!

:o It's all your fault!! 

lordy I'm punchy. 

I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 15, 2008, 02:13:25 AM »
I knocked on the door of your office today, btw... didn't know when you were coming back.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 15, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
When do they disburse loans? During orientation or after class starts? I'm broke-ass poor so I'm a prisoner to the system until I get $$ from the U.

Last semester it was a couple of days before classes started.  I don't thing it came early enough for me to buy my books with it--I think I ended up putting them on my credit card and paying it back from the disbursement. 

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

Ulfrekr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: August 15, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »
EFGH- Ravenclaw/Slytherin (The most studious and intellectual section, but also highly ambitious. Members' dispositions run the gamut from the ethical and tolerably friendly, to the dreaded and truly evil gunners (Death Eaters), of which this section usually has the lion's share.)

Mwahahahahaha!!!!

<---E
Michigan 2011 baby!

LSN

chastened aspirations

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2646 on: August 15, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »
I'm in MN. Anyone have the scoop on Hershovitz (Torts), Bagenstos (ConLaw) or Prescott (CrimLaw)?

GCoop.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: August 15, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
I'm in MN. Anyone have the scoop on Hershovitz (Torts), Bagenstos (ConLaw) or Prescott (CrimLaw)?

You're lucky to have Hershovitz.  My favorite professor last year for sure.  Young energetic professor, one of the brightest people you will meet and a really great guy to have first semester because he'll make sure you understand lots of the procedural stuff happening in cases (something lots of other people ignore).  Hershovitz is a philosopher, so you'll get a lot of the counterarguments to the law & econ arguments you normally get in Torts.

I haven't had Prescott (yet), but he's also a fairly young law & economics type that people seem to like.  I think his final is a take home.

hollowman988

• Sr. Citizen
  • I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 15, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »

Bagenstos is a visiting professor, presumably roped into teaching ConLaw when Scott Shapiro left.  He's from WashU and is a relatively big deal in disability law.  I don't know anything about his particular con law interests or areas of expertise.
The Victors:
Music to make love to your old lady by?

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2649 on: August 15, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »

Section mate! Do you know if you are M or N? The difference is in the Legal Practice time slot.
_______
.|E|R|S.