Total Members Voted: 191

Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be

Bouzie

• yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #2610 on: August 13, 2008, 08:09:08 PM »
Thanks, GCoop and Ender! One-to-One looks awesome but a bit far from school for me...I will definitely be on the lookout for the school gyms, though, which seem to be closer.

I'm so excited to start in two weeks!

You are absolutely going to love it here.  I just got home from an end-of-semester party thrown by the professors, which was really cool.  I can't believe finals are in 6 days!

OMG. Was the Sherminator there????

Mickey Ward

• A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 14, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
Thanks, GCoop and Ender! One-to-One looks awesome but a bit far from school for me...I will definitely be on the lookout for the school gyms, though, which seem to be closer.

You are absolutely going to love it here.  I just got home from an end-of-semester party thrown by the professors, which was really cool.  I can't believe finals are in 6 days!

"I'm a sophisticated sex robot, sent back in time to change the future for one lucky lady..."

« Reply #2612 on: August 14, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »

Absolutely, along with his wife and daughters.  So was J.J. and his wife, and a bunch of other professors.  It was really cool.  Three of our professors from next semester were there, so we got to hang out and talk with them for a bit. 

I can't believe this semester is over already! 

« Reply #2613 on: August 14, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »

I hope you're right. 99% of the time I think you are, but that 1% doubt where I worry about money/loans/being stupid at the law can be a drag. But right now I'm in the 99% of the time mindframe so I'm just excited.

Good luck on your finals!

Those worries are ok, as long as you keep them limited to the 1%.  You are not going to be "stupid at the law," and if you do find yourself having trouble you're going to be surrounded by people (professors and students) who will be eager to help you along.  It's really a tremendous atmosphere. 

See you in (less than) two weeks!

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 14, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »
My class schedule recently appeared on Wolverine Access!  Based on comparing it to the registrar's schedule, I'm in H.

I have Diller, Frier, Miller, and Wilensky.  Anything notable or special I should know about any of them?

« Reply #2615 on: August 14, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »
My class schedule recently appeared on Wolverine Access!  Based on comparing it to the registrar's schedule, I'm in H.

I have Diller, Frier, Miller, and Wilensky.  Anything notable or special I should know about any of them?

Well, Frier (along with J.J. White, my Contracts professor) wrote your Contracts casebook.  That's all I know about him, and I know nothing about any of the others. 

That means you'll have Sherman Clark in the Winter for Torts, and you'll love him.  Eve Brensike Primus is an absolute genius, and is supposed to be incredible Criminal Law professor. 

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2616 on: August 14, 2008, 03:40:42 PM »

What are your favorite things about Michigan? Is the workload an overload? Are people easy to get along with?  I'm interested to hear the perspective of someone who is just finishing their first semester. I'm both excited and anxious.

Also, looks like I'm in "M" section... no Clark or Primus for me :-(

ac34

« Reply #2617 on: August 14, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
I'm in M! No Clark or Primus, but no 8:00 class!

« Reply #2618 on: August 14, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »

What are your favorite things about Michigan? Is the workload an overload? Are people easy to get along with?  I'm interested to hear the perspective of someone who is just finishing their first semester. I'm both excited and anxious.

Also, looks like I'm in "M" section... no Clark or Primus for me :-(

Well, the buildings are incredible, but you already know that.  I love the city too.  Of course it's not New York (which New Yorkers love to point out), but it has great restaurants, and there are good bars for all different types (which I believe you found out at ASW). 

The people are unbelievable.  (By the way, I don't know if you've all heard, but your fall-starter classmate won a silver medal the other day.)  There are people from all different backgrounds, ages, place, etc.  You will have no problem finding people who share your interests (or those who don't, if you want to step outside your comfort zone).

The workload is something you should prepare yourself for.  It is a lot.  The thing is, sometimes it doesn't feel like you're that busy, but you probably should be.  If you've got too much free time, you should be reading more (or just thinking more or talking about it more) to really get more comfortable with the material.  Talk to me when you get here about the things I wish I would have done from the start. 

If you are at all interested in the law, you are going to have a great time.  I've never been in such an intellectually stimulating environment, and I've never enjoyed myself so much while working so hard!  (Ask me in 5 days, but for now that's my story.)

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 14, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »
I think I'm in Section I.

What's the description for IJKL again?  :D