75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be

areopagite

• Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #2370 on: May 20, 2008, 02:46:06 PM »
For any summer starters that are looking for textbooks in town, the Barnes and Noble in the lower level of the Michigan Union has about a dozen "used" copies of the Contracts casebook for $94 (better than the full-price $124).  I say "used" because as far as I can tell the books are brand new, but they have used stickers on them, so you get the discount.

See you all next week!

« Reply #2371 on: May 20, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »

Along with the Hogwart's charm, which section is best and the one I should hope to be sorted into?

ABCD (Summer Start)- A mixed bag. (If there's any distinction to be made, I'd say that ABCD has the highest ratio of odd-balls. And a few genuine crazies. A very few unpleasant/arrogant types. Also a handful of brilliant minds, and a smattering of very amiable characters. Summer Start is like a miniature Hogwarts all it's own.)

This breakdown also seems appropriate given that EFGH and MNOP seem to be the most "visible" sections, and have the strongest inter-section rivalry.

Thoughts? :P

I feel like I should take some offense at this.

Me too! Esp since we already established the CORRECT houses 9 months ago (maybe even in this thread??).

Anyway, EF had no gunners this year. And GH really only had 2 bad ones. And one of them is a nice person anyway. The two halves only had one class together first semester, so it was a weird dynamic, where we got super close to 40 people and hardly knew the other half of our section.

So, what were the "CORRECT" houses? You, being the consummate Ravenclaw, ought to remember, right?

Yeah, but it will piss Gengis off. :) And actually, it's not that far from yours except for that part.

ABCD: Slytherin (OK, I'm sorry, I love certain summer starters and like plenty of others, but I've been rubbed the wrong way too many times by the snobbery and air of superiority of many. "What are all these new people doing in our school?" "We're not even a part of your class.")

EFGH: Ravenclaw

IJKL: Hufflepuff

MNOP: Gryffindor

See, I just had compunction about calling any one section Slytherin. If I were really honest about it, I kind of agree with your disposition. I don't feel like there's any truly evil section at Mich, people are just too decent.

So I thought of Slytherin less in the "evil" way and more in the "ambitious and calculating" way.

Ouchie.

If it makes fou feel any better, I think our year's Summer Start was evil mostly by fluke. Then again, The Sorting Hat (Dean Zearfoss) is pretty awesome.

But remember, " It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are..."

It is news to me that we were evil.

« Reply #2372 on: May 20, 2008, 06:38:44 PM »
For any summer starters that are looking for textbooks in town, the Barnes and Noble in the lower level of the Michigan Union has about a dozen "used" copies of the Contracts casebook for $94 (better than the full-price $124).  I say "used" because as far as I can tell the books are brand new, but they have used stickers on them, so you get the discount.

See you all next week!

Shoot, I didn't see any used law texts @ B&N last week. I got my Contracts book for $93 on Amazon, though. Such a deal.

Mickey Ward

• A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 20, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »

It is news to me that we were evil.

::)

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 20, 2008, 10:11:36 PM »

See you all next week!

Shoot, I didn't see any used law texts @ B&N last week. I got my Contracts book for $93 on Amazon, though. Such a deal.

Yeah, online brand new books seem to be about the same price or less than used books at the local stores.

« Reply #2375 on: May 21, 2008, 05:18:41 AM »

See you all next week!

Yeah, online brand new books seem to be about the same price or less than used books at the local stores.

I got my Contracts book for 71.98 on Amazon (new).  Not bad.

Pearl

• I AM THE LAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 21, 2008, 07:32:27 AM »
Just make sure you get the 2nd edition of the contracts book. Although I have it on good authority (:P) that there are only a few cases that are different.

« Reply #2377 on: May 21, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »
How undergrad hell and loud will it be living on Packard? Even west of State?

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 21, 2008, 07:48:29 AM »
How undergrad hell and loud will it be living on Packard? Even west of State?

Depends where on Packard.  Also, like, right on Packard? I'd be more worried about traffic noise than undergrad noise.

« Reply #2379 on: May 21, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »
There are a bunch of places, but I hear east of state and further down the triangle gets fail pretty quickly.

The places on Packard I am looking at are somewhere in the 600-625 Packard area. The rest are on Fourth, Division, or Jefferson....I think. :o