75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #2350 on: May 18, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »
Along with the Hogwart's charm, which section is best and the one I should hope to be sorted into?

EFGH - Every f-ing Gunner Here

IJKL -  ... no snappy name that I know of...

MNOP - Most Nights Out Partying

Part of me actually wants to be in EFGH so I can be mean to everyone and just make a sport out of mocking.  The other part wants to be in the third because um, that's how I do.

The MNOP alumni network is pretty fantastic, too...

Mickey Ward

• A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 18, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »

Along with the Hogwart's charm, which section is best and the one I should hope to be sorted into?

EFGH- Ravenclaw/Slytherin (The most studious and intellectual section, but also highly ambitious. Members' dispositions run the gamut from the ethical and tolerably friendly, to the dreaded and truly evil gunners (Death Eaters), of which this section usually has the lion's share.)

IJKL- Hufflepuff. (Good for an assortment of affable, pleasant, and gregarious stock characters. They make few waves, though. Probably the least talked-about section.)

MNOP- Gryffindor. (Where heroes reside. Brave and just, with a talent for mischief. Very strong friendships are built here. If there were Quidditch in law school, MNOP would win the House Cup perennially.)

ABCD (Summer Start)- A mixed bag. (If there's any distinction to be made, I'd say that ABCD has the highest ratio of odd-balls. And a few genuine crazies. A very few unpleasant/arrogant types. Also a handful of brilliant minds, and a smattering of very amiable characters. Summer Start is like a miniature Hogwarts all it's own.)

This breakdown also seems appropriate given that EFGH and MNOP seem to be the most "visible" sections, and have the strongest inter-section rivalry.

Thoughts?  :P

Bouzie

• yummy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 19, 2008, 04:56:52 AM »
what's the appropriate response when you're wearing michigan gear in public and someone says "go blue"?

There is no proper response since the person screwed it up.  Clearly s/he should haves said "GO!" so that you could reply "BLUE!"

I suppose you could also respond by singing "Hail to the Victors"

btw- waking up at 7:45 for add/drop ---not fun.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEE

GCoop.

• View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04:18 AM »
Say "Right on" or say "Go Blue" or say "Hey, man, yeah ... Go Blue!" or say "Victors, female dog".

Also, I resent the characterization of IJKL above.

« Reply #2354 on: May 19, 2008, 07:31:35 AM »

ABCD (Summer Start)- A mixed bag. (If there's any distinction to be made, I'd say that ABCD has the highest ratio of odd-balls. And a few genuine crazies. A very few unpleasant/arrogant types. Also a handful of brilliant minds, and a smattering of very amiable characters. Summer Start is like a miniature Hogwarts all it's own.)

This breakdown also seems appropriate given that EFGH and MNOP seem to be the most "visible" sections, and have the strongest inter-section rivalry.

Thoughts? :P

I feel like I should take some offense at this.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: May 19, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »

Me too!  Esp since we already established the CORRECT houses 9 months ago (maybe even in this thread??).

Anyway, EF had no gunners this year.  And GH really only had 2 bad ones.  And one of them is a nice person anyway.  The two halves only had one class together first semester, so it was a weird dynamic, where we got super close to 40 people and hardly knew the other half of our section.

Mickey Ward

• View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »

Me too!  Esp since we already established the CORRECT houses 9 months ago (maybe even in this thread??).

Anyway, EF had no gunners this year.  And GH really only had 2 bad ones.  And one of them is a nice person anyway.  The two halves only had one class together first semester, so it was a weird dynamic, where we got super close to 40 people and hardly knew the other half of our section.

So, what were the "CORRECT" houses? You, being the consummate Ravenclaw, ought to remember, right?

Mickey Ward

• View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 19, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »

I include you and Gengis amongst the "brilliant minds" and "amiable characters."

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: May 19, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
what's the appropriate response when you're wearing michigan gear in public and someone says "go blue"?

There is no proper response since the person screwed it up.  Clearly s/he should haves said "GO!" so that you could reply "BLUE!"

[Removed screaming about colors]

Bouzie (or anybody else), do you know what's going to happen with Shapiro's Jurisprudence class in the Fall?

Bouzie

• yummy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 19, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »

[Removed screaming about colors]

Bouzie (or anybody else), do you know what's going to happen with Shapiro's Jurisprudence class in the Fall?

Sorry hollow...I have no idea.  I dropped it;  The only reason I wanted to take it was to bein shappy's possee, which now can never happen :(