29 (15.2%)
unsure I'll be attending
 42 (22%)
a current student
 19 (9.9%)
just checking the tally
 75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be  (Read 232354 times)

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #1410 on: February 23, 2008, 01:39:16 AM »
There should be a kicker for calling the route, it's true.

(Glad you got home safely; it's icier than a mofo out there.)
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

GCoop.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 23, 2008, 08:49:10 AM »
Meet me at Skeeps
It's going down!

Meet me at the saloon
It's going down!

neverborn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 24, 2008, 06:58:56 AM »
Can we get a pool going on to which bars the UGs take neverborn? I got $5 that says Rick's, Skeeps, or Charlie's.

"Ashley's is the best bar on the student side, Heidelberg is the best bar on Main"
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=neverborn

Michigan ASW: Apr3-5
NYU ASW: Apr18

Michigan 2011.

hollowman988

• Sr. Citizen
  • I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 24, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »
Can we get a pool going on to which bars the UGs take neverborn? I got $5 that says Rick's, Skeeps, or Charlie's.

"Ashley's is the best bar on the student side, Heidelberg is the best bar on Main"

This might be true, except like 4 people can fit into Ashley's and it's not exactly a bar (most of it is taken up by tables). I still haven't been there since orientation.

Heidelberg's a good call. Your friends are decidedly unlame. I'm impressed.
The Victors:
Music to make love to your old lady by?

neverborn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:56 PM »

This might be true, except like 4 people can fit into Ashley's and it's not exactly a bar (most of it is taken up by tables). I still haven't been there since orientation.

Heidelberg's a good call. Your friends are decidedly unlame. I'm impressed.

That's one friend. She's cute and awesome. When I brought up P. Co's (a very sketchy campus bar in Chicago that's notorious for taking IDs drawn in crayon), she mentioned that it sounded like Skeeps.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=neverborn

Michigan ASW: Apr3-5
NYU ASW: Apr18

Michigan 2011.

hegemonyhog

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 25, 2008, 09:02:50 AM »
Mark me down as attending!
Accepted: Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, The Ohio State University

Pending: Yale, Harvard

Please note that the schools are listed entirely in order of US News ranking.

LSN

Yak Herder

• University of Washington 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1416 on: February 25, 2008, 09:23:45 AM »
Hey all, my first post in this forum since my acceptance to Michigan (*aaah!*).  I haven't yet received anything about the ASW's, short of the dates.  I think an Ann Arbor April trip sounds lovely...Who-all is planning to live in Lawyer's Club?  A friend of mine is a 3L and still lives there (she loves the social atmosphere and the fall-out-of-bed distance to class), but I think I've had my fill of dorm life as I've been out of university for 4 years. It also seems like spending finals cooped up with a bunch of law students is the surest path to insanity.  The kicker is being on a meal plan again.  No kitchen = no fun for Yak Herder.

Anyone have a good counter-argument?
Accepted: Michigan, UCLA, Minnesota, U. of Washington, Northeastern, Pittsburgh, Temple
Denied: Harvard
Waitlisted: Berkeley, Penn, Texas
Pending: Cornell
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=YakHerder

hollowman988

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 25, 2008, 09:45:08 AM »
Hey all, my first post in this forum since my acceptance to Michigan (*aaah!*).  I haven't yet received anything about the ASW's, short of the dates.  I think an Ann Arbor April trip sounds lovely...Who-all is planning to live in Lawyer's Club?  A friend of mine is a 3L and still lives there (she loves the social atmosphere and the fall-out-of-bed distance to class), but I think I've had my fill of dorm life as I've been out of university for 4 years. It also seems like spending finals cooped up with a bunch of law students is the surest path to insanity.  The kicker is being on a meal plan again.  No kitchen = no fun for Yak Herder.

Your instincts about the LC around finals time are correct. I also don't know that many people who don't want out of the LC for next year (it took most people a single semester to go through the entire life cycle of loving->hating->wanting out). I was 3 years out of school too and even though the convenience is great, that's about all that's great about it in my opinion.  The mandatory meal plan kind of bites as well.  I was never going to live anywhere that didn't have a kitchen and my own bathroom, so I never really weighed the pros and cons in a serious fashion, but I'd recommend living off-campus (there are a few discussions about this earlier in the thread IIRC).   
The Victors:

hegemonyhog

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 25, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
Regarding housing: there are a ton of great condos for rent in Ypsilanti if you have a car.  My girlfriend and I are renting one that's pretty reasonable (2BR, 2 bath), and I knew that I wanted to be able to leave campus when I was done for the day. 

One question: is anyone else looking for summer employment in Ann Arbor?  How are you planning to look?
Accepted: Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, The Ohio State University

Pending: Yale, Harvard

Please note that the schools are listed entirely in order of US News ranking.

LSN

hollowman988

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 25, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »

The details for the ASWs are on the admitted students site and the info for the site is on the blue bookmark in the package.

I'm actually seriously considering the LC.  The location is great and hopefully I'd be able to find someone to room with for 2L.  The only thing I wonder about is eating on the weekends.  The dining hall isn't open and there are no kitchens.

I think the dining hall is open for everything except for Saturday dinner.  Maybe it's all day Saturday, but I'm pretty sure that's the only day you have to fend for yourself (which is probably a good thing after a week spent eating the same food with the same people).
The Victors: