29 (15.2%)
unsure I'll be attending
 42 (22%)
a current student
 19 (9.9%)
just checking the tally
 75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be  (Read 232436 times)

anax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 10:57:51 PM »
Does anyone know how the GPA/LSAT ranges for summer starters compare to the regular fall class.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 11:01:03 PM »
Does anyone know how the GPA/LSAT ranges for summer starters compare to the regular fall class.

Well, the grads I work for who started in the summer (and amazingly there are quite a few) all say the summer-starters are the smartest.  Does that make it true?   ;)

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

Suro

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »
I'll be joining you guys this summer in all likelihood.

I'm a few years out of school and don't think I can take a dorm again. I'm planning on living off campus. It looks like a lot of places have May 1 lease begin dates.

Dystopian Fiction

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 11:21:41 PM »
Hurrah! Status checker went to "decision" today, so I think I'm in as a summer starter..unless they are now rejecting ED candidates right off.  I am very interested in the Phid House, which I understand to be some sort of nefarious skull-and-bones-type society.

anax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 11:22:18 PM »
Ender Wiggin, are you for sure going to Michigan?

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »
Hurrah! I think I'm in as a summer starter..unless they are now rejecting ED candidates right off.  I am very interested in the Phid House, which I understand to be some sort of nefarious skull-and-bones-type society.

Yeah--I think you're right.  Congrats!

LSN

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 11:25:22 PM »

Depending on the aid package, I'm pretty sure.  It is definitely my first choice, but I have to make it work financially.  I'm pretty confident that those issues will work themselves out, though. 

LSN

hollowman988

• Sr. Citizen
  • I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 11:39:55 PM »

Depending on the aid package, I'm pretty sure.  It is definitely my first choice, but I have to make it work financially.  I'm pretty confident that those issues will work themselves out, though. 

Michigan Law School is a glorious, glorious place.  You should definitely come.  And live off-campus for god's sake.

The Victors:
Music to make love to your old lady by?

deathcabfan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 11:59:20 PM »

Michigan Law School is a glorious, glorious place.  You should definitely come.  And live off-campus for god's sake.

Any particular reason why you would suggest living off-campus?

hollowman988

• Sr. Citizen
  • I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 12:04:01 AM »

Any particular reason why you would suggest living off-campus?

Eh, like Pikey said, it's a personal preference thing.  But I don't know anybody who chose to live off-campus who wishes they were on-campus.  And the law school listserv has had at least 2-3 people openly and desperately trying to sublet their lawyer's club place for the spring.  There's loads of housing (any of us would be happy to help point you in the right direction) that's nicer, allows you to cook for yourself, and is still only a 5-15 minute walk from school.  Also, you will have a twin XL in the Lawyer's Club, which means you'll have to go to Oasis Hot Tub Gardens to have sex. Also, around finals time (NOW!!!!ZOMG!!), many of your classmates will become certifiably insane and you, if you're sensible, won't want to be around them. 
The Victors:
Music to make love to your old lady by?