75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #2690 on: August 20, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »
I dropped my pen and Dean Z picked it up for me at the ASW. Very nice of her.

annarborbound -- I'm a 1L missing out on MAP too... are you having regrets for not going?

« Reply #2691 on: August 20, 2008, 11:38:26 AM »

annarborbound -- I'm a 1L missing out on MAP too... are you having regrets for not going?

Hi Tetris! Yes, I definitely wish I was at MAP but it wasn't an option for me since I wasn't accepted until the program was full. Oh well. Since all I'm doing this week is angsting about starting law school, it would be nice to at least feel like things were in motion, but I guess that will happen soon enough. How are you feeling about next week and beyond?

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: August 20, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »

Hi Tetris! Yes, I definitely wish I was at MAP but it wasn't an option for me since I wasn't accepted until the program was full. Oh well. Since all I'm doing this week is angsting about starting law school, it would be nice to at least feel like things were in motion, but I guess that will happen soon enough. How are you feeling about next week and beyond?

Excited and nervous. I can't wait for everything to "get going," you know, where I actually arrive in Ann Arbor, all my stuff has been shipped and unpacked, I have my laptop, made some friends, my loans get dispersed, and so forth. I'm going to be stressing out the whole time until all of this happens. But at the same time I'm very excited to experience something as (seemingly) wonderful as law school at UM.

On another note, what's everyone doing for transportation? I plan on getting around by bike but instead of paying $200 to ship my bike I'm probably just going to by a new one in Ann Arbor. Are there good bike places? Anywhere to get a good used bike?

« Reply #2693 on: August 20, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »
I'm a newbie poster - starting at UM this fall and looks like I'm in section "J". I'm already in town and moving in, but I'm also sadly missing out on MAP. I'm definitely jonesing to meet folks... I would love to know where/when people are going in the evenings (if anywhere).

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! - Cheers

« Reply #2694 on: August 20, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »
Anyone who's in town, feel free to stop by the Quad tonight and say "hi."  I'll be sitting outside in my chair, smoking cigars and (barely) studying for the Torts final tomorrow.  (Obviously I'd love the distractions!)

« Reply #2695 on: August 20, 2008, 02:40:27 PM »
It's soon to be a moot point, but I thought they were going to be sending us contact info for our LC roommates...

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: August 20, 2008, 04:02:37 PM »
Anyone who's in town, feel free to stop by the Quad tonight and say "hi." I'll be sitting outside in my chair, smoking cigars and (barely) studying for the Torts final tomorrow. (Obviously I'd love the distractions!)

I think I saw you.  Did Pearl leave her bike with you at any point?

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 20, 2008, 08:21:13 PM »
I'm a newbie poster - starting at UM this fall and looks like I'm in section "J". I'm already in town and moving in, but I'm also sadly missing out on MAP. I'm definitely jonesing to meet folks... I would love to know where/when people are going in the evenings (if anywhere).

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! - Cheers

Tomorrow there's a picnic in the quad at 4:15, I doubt they'd mind if a non-mapper stopped by.  As for the evening, I know tomorrow we're planning to start a bar crawl at Ashley's, but I'm not sure when or where else we're heading.

« Reply #2698 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »
Anyone who's in town, feel free to stop by the Quad tonight and say "hi." I'll be sitting outside in my chair, smoking cigars and (barely) studying for the Torts final tomorrow. (Obviously I'd love the distractions!)

She sure did!  I'm anxious to meet some more of the LSDers.  I know Pearl and flyaway, I've met Jolie, and I briefly met a few others (but can't remember who).  I did get a chance to say "hi" to an incoming 1L, and I saw Phishy, but she was in the middle of the room and I didn't want to interrupt her conversation for an awkward LSD introduction.   :o

Sorry if anyone came by the Quad (on my invitation) and didn't see me.  I was setting up my chair when a classmate came by and invited me to a last minute study session (like it would really do any good at this point).

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »

She sure did!  I'm anxious to meet some more of the LSDers.  I know Pearl and flyaway, I've met Jolie, and I briefly met a few others (but can't remember who).  I did get a chance to say "hi" to an incoming 1L, and I saw Phishy, but she was in the middle of the room and I didn't want to interrupt her conversation for an awkward LSD introduction.   :o

Sorry if anyone came by the Quad (on my invitation) and didn't see me.  I was setting up my chair when a classmate came by and invited me to a last minute study session (like it would really do any good at this point).

That was me!  I think.

I really don't get this, how do you recognize people?