Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR Timeline  (Read 722 times)

easweene

• View Profile
    • Email
LOR Timeline
« on: November 28, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »
Hi everyone...

I think I have a dumb question but it is really stressing me out. My last LOR (L3) posted on Monday. I applied two weeks ago, and I thought LOR's are supposed to be sent out with the applications. Monday afternoon I directed the order of the letters I wanted sent off to each school. Some schools have received all three, Some, like Suffolk, have only received one. I even got an email from one school that said my application was complete (Roger Williams) but they have only received one lor. I specifically made it on Monday so RW would get L2 and L3. LSAC stars (*) each letter after it has been sent...and some are starred, some are not. Does LSAC take a week or so to process your directed letters and include them in your law school reports? I am so frustrated, I have no idea what is going on...I don't even think I am making sense. Does anyone have any advice on what is going on w/my LOR's and why Suffolk/RW/etc have only received one, while other schools have received all 3?

jnb983

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOR Timeline
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
If you directed letters after the initial report was sent, lsac will still send them up to the school's maximum, just not immediately.  They send them according to each individual school's schedule.  Many schools recieve updates to apps from lsac once per week on a day of their choosing.  If the letters still aren't sent by next week, then maybe you should worry.

This has been discussed before. Use the search on the home page to find the other threads with more specifics.
yo: Gtown($$), RU-C($), GW($), UIUC($$), Northwestern($)
no-go: Berkeley, H, Y, UChi
so-so: Fordham, Mich, UCLA, Columbia, Vandy, UVA, Penn, NYU 

el ess en