I hate to be this cycle's pessimist, but it's inevitable that rejections will be forthcoming. My intention is to keep this original post updated as the cycle progresses. If you receive that dreaded ding, please commiserate here and assist your fellow LSDers by providing the following information:
* School name
* Application type (regular decision, early decision, early action)
* Program type (full-time, part-time)
* Date (printed on letter, e-mail received, status checker changed, etc.)
* Method (snail mail, e-mail, status checker, etc.)
* Any additional information/editorial comments (i.e. warnings about especially brutal rejection letters)
While I won't devise a nifty point system to verify the veracity of information, I will include in parentheses how many confirmations were posted after the initial rejection claim.
OK, bring on the dings....