Law School Discussion

Did anyone find the June 2007 test maybe the hardest ever?

Did anyone find the June 2007 test maybe the hardest ever?
« on: November 26, 2007, 09:00:25 PM »
For me it was. I have been doing better on everything. Games, reading comp and LR. The december 2006 i got a 171 my highest so far.

Then i take the June 2007 LSAT and bearly get in the 150s. I  did not find one game easy. And my strength of LR was terrible. The problems were much tougher.

Was it just me? I took this test for real and cancelled. I guess maybe i was prepared. I just took a tough test.

CrnchyCereal

Re: Did anyone find the June 2007 test maybe the hardest ever?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
I think a lot of the claims that the June 2007 exam was inordinately difficult are very exaggerated.  Yes, the first game is a little tricky because it involves, God forbid, numbers, but it's really just a fairly simple ordering game once you realize there are only so many permutations.  It doesn't seem like much else was out of the ordinary for this exam.  The extremely tight scale also seems to suggest that on average, this test was actually comparatively easy.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »
Here's my idea:

People often tend to make stupid mistakes on the real test, mistakes they might not make on practice tests, and would make regardless of the difficulty of the question. A lot of people (not all) experience the dreaded test-day point drop. On tests like June, with a really tight scale, these stupid mistakes are exaggerated because the scale translates them into a lower score than on other tests. The scale accounts for the relative "ease" of the test, but not for stupid mistakes unrelated to difficulty, like misbubbling.

At least that's my story. My June test was well below my practice test average. I thought the test was really easy when I was taking it, and after going back to the test later I felt it was easy then too. A lot of the June Mystique is mental.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:10:34 AM »
here's my story about june 2007:

i got a 176 on the actual test (dec 2006) but this past august i decided it would be fun to take the june 2007 test for fun because lsac released it for free. (i was bored...)  I timed myself and everything, and ended up with a 166 or a 167, forgot which.  I don't know how much of that can be attributed to rust, but still, it's a pretty significant drop from where i was testing at.  I think if i was in peak lsat shape i probably would've gotten low 170's on it, at best.  i thought it was pretty difficult. 

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 04:50:47 AM »
julie told you.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 05:57:59 AM »
I just did this test last night.  I scored a 162, which is about average for me. 

But I got about 5 more wrong than normal on the reading comp section because of poor pacing.  I left the comparitive for last and ran short on time.  Doing my first comparitive with a short clock was a bad way to go.

I scored a little above average on the games and LR to offset the low RC score.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »

i got a 176 on the actual test (dec 2006) but this past august i decided it would be fun to take the june 2007 test for fun because lsac released it for free. (i was bored...)  I timed myself and everything, and ended up with a 166 or a 167, forgot which.  I don't know how much of that can be attributed to rust, but still, it's a pretty significant drop from where i was testing at.  I think if i was in peak lsat shape i probably would've gotten low 170's on it, at best.  i thought it was pretty difficult. 

Let's see here...I got a 166 on the June 07.  I thought it was out of control.  It was the lowest I had scored in about 2 months.  So by this logic, when I take the Dec 2007 test in 5 days...I'm gonna get a 176!!! woooo!.  bleh.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »

Let's see here...I got a 166 on the June 07.  I thought it was out of control.  It was the lowest I had scored in about 2 months.  So by this logic, when I take the Dec 2007 test in 5 days...I'm gonna get a 176!!! woooo!.  bleh.

no, this sounds like incorrect reversal to me  :P

176 (actual) -> 166 (pretend) does not mean 166 (pretend) -> 176 (actual)

no wonder you're scoring in the 160's.  just kidding.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 07:03:12 AM »

no, this sounds like incorrect reversal to me  :P

176 (actual) -> 166 (pretend) does not mean 166 (pretend) -> 176 (actual)

no wonder you're scoring in the 160's.  just kidding.

haha. you're HILARIOUS.  I always knew I had trouble with that whole sufficiency necessity thing...

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 07:26:04 AM »
that not necessary.