Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ginkgo on test day  (Read 526 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ginkgo on test day
« on: November 25, 2007, 10:09:11 PM »
Is it possible that Ginkgo could help me make a better score on the LSAT? I looked it up and found that there are side effects that include nausea which obviously could affect my score negatively. Should I buy some and take a practice run to see if it makes me sick. If it does not make me sick does anyone have any reason not to take it on test day or not at all?

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ginkgo on test day
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:30:12 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I can have a problem focusing. I am not diagnosed ADD or anything but I find it hard to pay attention some time. Ginkgo is supposed to help people focus. But is there a chance is would rev me up and make it harder to focus.

UMDMike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:42:42 PM »
I have taken Ginko and Fish oils for the last few weeks... Honestly I cant tell if it really helps but I know it isnt hurting.. It may be helping me a bit though, I am able to make it through the entire test without having to get my brain off the golf course...
University of Minnesota Law Class of 2011

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
If you are going to try it due so before test day. Do not use it for the first time on saturday. I personally take it on a regular basis but I dont think it will help you that much. DMAE (liquid), acetyl L-carnatine, and SAM-e have been recommended to me from a DO to help with brain function, focus, energy, etc. They are all natural.

TurboGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - turbogirl3535
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »
I took some out of my mom's vitamin cabinet over the break and brought it back to school with me. I took some tonight and will continue the rest of the week until test day. I think you should take it more than a day ahead. I haven't felt any side effects at all, I think I took it once before.

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »
Good deal. I will buy some tomorrow.

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:39:28 AM »
FWIW, i did research on this for a while and it's unlikely it'll give you a miracle boost in one day... if you're going to see any effects at all, it would be from using it for a longer period of time than a single day.
seeing king midas everywhere.

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »
FWIW, but i did research on this for a while and it's unlikely it'll give you a miracle boost in one day... if you're going to see any effects at all, it would be from using it for a longer period of time than a single day.

TITCR

gclemen1

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 08:44:42 AM »
I took it for a couple months before the test.  I don't really know if it helped, but like it was said before, It didn't hurt.

kits44

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 09:00:44 AM »
*edit, thought i was posting on something else