Law School Discussion

HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!

Re: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »
Hi y'all--I just got my HAH view/select window email. I think I'm in the first window--viewing starts Monday, selection is Thursday I think. Last year I was in window 5, view/select in early June, as I recall. FYI.

Ugh, I got window 9... of 9, I'm guessing?

I think it's out of 13, but they're usually out of apartments by 9, from what I've heard.

« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
Ugh..I got Window 10.  >:(

I'm guessing Craigslist is my best bet now.

« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2008, 12:57:51 PM »
How do you know which window you are in? The e-mail I received only had the dates...what window number is selection on May 7?

« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
How do you know which window you are in? The e-mail I received only had the dates...what window number is selection on May 7?

Mine didn't have a number, either. But it sounds like you're 2 or 3, though, assuming I'm 1.

Ugh..I got Window 10.  >:(

I'm guessing Craigslist is my best bet now.

Yeah, probably. Also bostonapartments.com. And there are a lot of good places around--just expensive and/or not close. But HAH is expensive, too.

« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2008, 11:11:59 PM »
I think I got window 1 (select starting April 30) and I'm most likely deferring. What a tease.

« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »
Window 10  what what.

Wait, that's not good, is it...

« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2008, 05:40:17 AM »
Does anyone have any idea about the noise level around Terry Terrace throughout the day because of the construction?

bubDread

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2008, 07:51:11 AM »
Yeah I am curious about this for apartments just north of the construction site.

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2008, 07:57:36 AM »
I posted this on craigslist, but I thought some of you might be interested.

$1000 / 2br - HARVARD LAW female needed for one room in Terry Terrace 2/1 for AUGUST (Cambridge/Harvard Law)
Reply to: hous-659243907@craigslist.org

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, YOU MUST RESPOND BEFORE WEDNESDAY NIGHT B/C I HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION BASED ON THE RESPONSES I RECEIVE:

I was lucky enough to get the first window for Harvard Affiliated Housing, so there's a very VERY high chance that I'll be able to get the following unit (described below). I just need to find a HARVARD LAW FEMALE affiliate (student/staff/faculty) who would want to share the apartment with me:

Terry Terrace (literally across the street from the HLS campus)
2 bedroom/1 bath on 2nd floor
$993/mo each for $1,986/mo total (this is obscenely low for this area and the square footage!)
ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED plus hi-speed internet!!!
HUGE 876 sq. ft. place to share!
Laundry in Building
Lease starts August 14, 2008 & you're allowed to sublease during the summer
PARTIALLY FURNISHED ALREADY (I already have furniture available for the shared spaces--a two-seater sofa, small entertainment center with TV, Dining Room table with chairs---So all you need to bring is your bedroom stuff!!!)

About Me: I'm a 25 year old female who will be a 1L at Harvard Law. I'm really easy to get along with, like to keep my living area clean and tidy (though I'm not neurotic about this by any means and would definitely be flexible about it--particularly around finals time), and I plan on spending most of my time studying next year, so I'll value having a roommate that isn't overly noisy while I'm at the apartment trying to study/read for classes during the week. I'm not the "party scene" type, but I do like to occasionally throw a dinner party with a small group of close friends, watch a good movie together, or have game night if I have some extra time on my hands (which I don't forsee happening much, unfortunately). I have a 5 1/2 year old son who lives with his dad in New York, so I will be visiting them around 1 time a month on the weekend, and they will come and visit me no more than twice a month on the weekend. During their visits, they'll sleep in my room, and we'd most likely try to spend some time outside the apartment during the visits---so hopefully this will be ok with you.

Anyways, e-mail or call me by Wed. night at the latest ONLY if you're EXTREMELY interested in getting this place with me because I have to choose my apartment on Thursday morning, and the last thing I want is to be stuck with a 2 br. apt. all to myself. My number is 956-236-9059. If you e-mail me, don't forget to tell me a bit about yourself, since I'll have to choose a roommate amongst the responses that I receive, so I'll look for the best match.

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »
Not to put off people away from Terry Terrace, but I was concerned about possible dust from the construction site as well. Does anyone know whether this, as well as noise, are a real issue around this otherwise wonderful apartment right next to the law school?