Law School Discussion

HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!

CrnchyCereal

Re: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2008, 04:38:26 PM »
Two things.  First, I'm also planning on attending the ASW in a few days, so chances are I might meet some of you.  Nice.  I'll be arriving by car, will probably arrive around 3-4 PM, and I'm staying with a friend at Harvard UG. 

Second, while we're on the topic of deferred enrollment and financial aid packages...I'm definitely deferring until 2009 and have not yet applied for financial aid.  Is it all right for me to wait till next year to file the FAFSA and all related documents, or am I supposed to apply this year as well?

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
Two things.  First, I'm also planning on attending the ASW in a few days, so chances are I might meet some of you.  Nice.  I'll be arriving by car, will probably arrive around 3-4 PM, and I'm staying with a friend at Harvard UG. 

Second, while we're on the topic of deferred enrollment and financial aid packages...I'm definitely deferring until 2009 and have not yet applied for financial aid.  Is it all right for me to wait till next year to file the FAFSA and all related documents, or am I supposed to apply this year as well?

As a general rule, you're only required to apply for finaid for the year in which you intend on receiving aid.  However, I think you should just apply this year to see what you can expect for next year.

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
I'm going this weekend too! I'm incredibly excited.

I still haven't finished my financial aid forms however and am freaking out. I'm hating my parents' accountant at the moment.  >:(

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »
Does anybody have any idea of what sort of financial aid people generally get? They don't even give an example on their website making it tough to estimate.

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »
Does anybody have any idea of what sort of financial aid people generally get? They don't even give an example on their website making it tough to estimate.

It's there. 

Also, according to LSAC, the average grant recipient got ~$14k last year.

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
hi all,

just a quick request for the march asw attendees - afterwards, could you guys post thoughts/recaps about the wkend?  any overall impressions regarding the campus, faculty, classes, funny stories, the mock class, the panels/forums, etc... i'm not going til april but am very impatient. :)

thanks.

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
I'll be done with my brief this weekend, woo woo woo, so if anyone wants to hang out, I will possibly consider it if you buy me a fancy beer. I will also spill all the secrets I know. Which are not many. But are some.

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
I'll be done with my brief this weekend, woo woo woo, so if anyone wants to hang out, I will possibly consider it if you buy me a fancy beer. I will also spill all the secrets I know. Which are not many. But are some.

How much is this fancy beer?

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2008, 10:32:28 PM »
Does anyone know when the housing applications are due, if we want to live in the dorms?

Also, do we have to live in the dorms if we enter the lottery?

TYIA

BlueGreen

• [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »
oh goody, i've been looking for this thread.

tagsies