Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!  (Read 50615 times)

newtothis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HLS Class of 2011, even if you are just thinking about coming!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 03:39:59 AM »
If I do come to HLS, I'm game for getting a house!  I love roommates and after sharing 1 shower with 22 girls in a sorority, I no longer do communal bathrooms.  Or bedrooms smaller than my current roommate's closet.  ;)

For some reason, I've always thought that you're a guy... I guess this statement alone doesn't necessarily eliminate that possibility. 

22 sorority girls? If you're a guy, you're one very lucky guy.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=newtothis
Updated with $$ offers
Stats are now unfudged

newtothis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 03:43:50 AM »
If I do come to HLS, I'm game for getting a house!  I love roommates and after sharing 1 shower with 22 girls in a sorority, I no longer do communal bathrooms.  Or bedrooms smaller than my current roommate's closet.  ;)

For some reason, I've always thought that you're a guy... I guess this statement alone doesn't necessarily eliminate that possibility. 

22 sorority girls? If you're a guy, you're one very lucky guy.

Nevermind. I misread "sharing 1 shower" as just "showering". No idea how that happened lol.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=newtothis
Updated with $$ offers
Stats are now unfudged

spicedchai

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 07:07:26 PM »
I'm definitely not decided yet, but getting a house with other students sounds awesome.  After a few years in NYC, any room that is not a closet will be a wonderful change  :) Anyone going to go visit the school sometime soon?

Barry Zuckerkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »
Hi everyone.  Itís funny that weíre all experiencing the same emotions.  I forwarded my acceptance voicemail to my parents so that they could assure me that I wasnít imagining it.

Am I the only one who might consider Stanford over Harvard?  Iím a California native living in DC and Iím really starting to miss the warm weather.

bubDread

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 07:34:15 PM »
yeah i live in the midwest and i really hate this weather. It is terrible here right now. So what does H do for admitted students weekend?  What do they pay for?

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 07:34:49 PM »
Stanford vs. HLS would be brutal decision for me as well; ultimately, I think that I had that choice, I would make my decision based on my ASW impressions and where I fit in the most.

BTW, does anyone know when ASW is? I'm also interested in whether (like Boalt and Stanford) they help subsidize the visit.
Harvard Law 2011!

(Formerly known as CalGirl86)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=calgal86

Startin Up Soon!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »
Stanford vs Harvard would be a tough choice but I'm not holding breath on Y or S.  I'll figure it out after ASWs if the opportunity arises.

On another note, binders tomorrow?  Maybe?

Ethan826

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »
Ars Technica Article about Harvard pushing back against the RIAA.

There may be another factor at work here: hostility towards the RIAA's campaign on the part of Harvard Law School professors Charles Nesson and John Palfrey, who run the law school's Berkman Center for Internet & Society. Responding to the RIAA's claim that its litigation strategy has "invigorated a meaningful conversation on college campuses about music theft, its consequences and the numerous ways to enjoy legal music," the profs called on Harvard to not betray the "trust and privacy" of its students.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 04:37:05 PM »
Harvard will subsidize travel, but these subsidies are need-based and you have to fill out a form to do it.  Usually they have 2 ASWs.  I think one in Feb/March and one in April.  Once it's closer to that time, you can contact the admissions office (via the HLS email account you'll receive with your admit package!) to ask about the subsidy.

That's if things are the same as they've been in the past...

starfish86

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 05:38:18 PM »
Still no sign of the package for any of us yet, huh? Well, I'm comforted that I'm not alone. I had my first "it came!" dream last night, in which the package included a Harvard coffee mug but no T-shirt. I'll be weirded out if that actually happens, not like it probably will.

I almost have to admire the admissions department's craftiness: the longer we have to wait, the more time we spend obsessing about how much we like the school and want to get more info about it!